Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 131 Guests

National League...

This thread currently has 3,891 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
June 5, 2022, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Learn from your sh1t show organising of this finale.

Wrong venue

Wrong prices.

Wrong seating arrangements.

Stupid singer.

Blasting awful music over the natural celebrations of the supporters at the end.  

You just don't get it, learn from these mistakes so others in the future have a better experience of THEIR day out.

Hope we never cross paths again.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
DB
June 5, 2022, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
And we're out of here

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
Chrisblor
June 5, 2022, 11:43pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,961
Gold Stars: 241
absolutely delighted we've seen those appalling girl privates off - hopefully we never find ourselves back down there again, very optimistic that well will be the case now

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
nomorefourfiveone
June 6, 2022, 12:12am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Haven’t posted for years but feel I must add:
I won’t miss the self important incompetents that run the National league, just to get that out of the way

But I will miss the genuine clubs and their supporters who live down there. I have been inundated with congratulatory messages from Notts and Wrexham diehard fans, amongst others, as well as Solihull supporters after the game - even those on loan from Villa - who have shown class and magnanimity which, unfortunately, will be sadly lacking next season (it’s the only downside I can think of)
Anyone, for instance, from Dover (or whoever), makes their way to Cleethorpes to see their team play are true football supporters. They may be few in number but they’re deserving of our respect and friendship.
I don’t want our club to ever be in the National league again, but there are some proper decent people down there. Them over plastic premier league fans any day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
lukeo
June 6, 2022, 6:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I don't hate the clubs, teams, fans in the National league, some genuinely decent clubs and fans and they'll be missed. But I do hate the people that run it. Well done to everyone that booed them! I hope it sounded loud on TV and c***ts heard it on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
BeijingMariner
June 6, 2022, 6:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from lukeo
I don't hate the clubs, teams, fans in the National league, some genuinely decent clubs and fans and they'll be missed. But I do hate the people that run it. Well done to everyone that booed them! I hope it sounded loud on TV and c***ts heard it on the pitch.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/HVrHB7j/Screenshot-2022-06-06-at-12-47-47.png[/img]

Evidence for you. It was nice and loud. But when did booing NL gits ever get you three points?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Ashby mariner
June 6, 2022, 6:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
I agree with the organisation of running the conforence is a shambles. However I really enjoy the conference league being a big club in there. Like others have said there's some great little clubs and fans who go see teams like Wealdstone when there's so many big clubs on there doorsteps are proper fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
jaygy
June 6, 2022, 6:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
We took our one chance and got ourselves out of there! The league is a shambles! The standard of refs, the incompetence at board level and the massive overspending of a handful of clubs just to get one of only two promotion spots. The league need to make the league enjoyable for those fans that go week in week out watching tier 5 and 6 football but they don't seem to care
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
somersetmariner
June 6, 2022, 7:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4

Hear!  Hear!

Quoted from nomorefourfiveone
Haven’t posted for years but feel I must add:
I won’t miss the self important incompetents that run the National league, just to get that out of the way

But I will miss the genuine clubs and their supporters who live down there. I have been inundated with congratulatory messages from Notts and Wrexham diehard fans, amongst others, as well as Solihull supporters after the game - even those on loan from Villa - who have shown class and magnanimity which, unfortunately, will be sadly lacking next season (it’s the only downside I can think of)
Anyone, for instance, from Dover (or whoever), makes their way to Cleethorpes to see their team play are true football supporters. They may be few in number but they’re deserving of our respect and friendship.
I don’t want our club to ever be in the National league again, but there are some proper decent people down there. Them over plastic premier league fans any day!

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 6, 2022, 7:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
👋 👋

Aurevoir
Auf wiedersehn
Adios
Hwyl fawr
arrivederci
αντιο σας
Laters

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.