Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 146 Guests

National League...

This thread currently has 3,890 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
June 6, 2022, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
The last 7 days or so show what a tin pot organisation the National League is. They appear to be divorced from the reality of what it means to be a football fan. If it wasn't for the fact that it would open up an opportunity for a PL 2nd tier and the money grabbers would jump on that I'd suggest that the EFL took the NL over and make it league 3, nobody could run it as badly as it is currently being run.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
horsforthmariner
June 6, 2022, 9:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
This time I don't think we'll be back.

No more FA trophy, No more pointless England C and all the other amateur garbage we have to put up with.

Enjoy Scunny, I think they'll be down there for the best part of a decade at least!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
Jackal
June 6, 2022, 10:32am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 16

So who fancies an away game at Scunthorpe next season supporting Wrexham?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Gaffer58
June 6, 2022, 2:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Jackal

So who fancies an away game at Scunthorpe next season supporting Wrexham?

Also, Notts County, Solihull Moors, Oldham, Halifax, Torquay, in fact support anyone scunny are playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
Mrbump53
June 6, 2022, 4:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
There is a statement on the BBC sport website from the NL General Manager saying that they will learn from this year but then in the next breathe saying that they are unlikely to introduce a wage cap next season. Some good learning that as it gives a few clubs license to spend significant amounts to get promoted.

Think the booing may have been a shock to them even with their progressive forward thinking business management principles !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
June 6, 2022, 4:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
As a dedicated GTFC fan( i will explain), i can shed a bit of light on The National league. I now reside in Gainsborough(clue is in my avatar name lol), so i have to confess that i also go and watch my other GTFC i.e. Gainsborough Trinity Football Club. My justification for this, is that the "other" GTFC are my non league club & Town are my Football League club. Well that was fine until Fenty gate, the two got a bit too close for comfort!!. Anyway...my point is...and you will all find this difficult to believe, the league below The National League i.e. The Northern Premier, is an EVEN bigger fiasco than The National league! Gainsborough have been in both, so i have experience of how incompetence can be taken to a whole new level of incompetence, a sort of " Super League of excrement ". Point made just to make you realise how lucky you have been !! UTM & UTB (Gainsborough known locally as The Blues).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
jamesgtfc
June 6, 2022, 4:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mrbump53
There is a statement on the BBC sport website from the NL General Manager saying that they will learn from this year but then in the next breathe saying that they are unlikely to introduce a wage cap next season. Some good learning that as it gives a few clubs license to spend significant amounts to get promoted.

Think the booing may have been a shock to them even with their progressive forward thinking business management principles !!

The EFL salary cap went to court and got kicked into touch so I'm surprised the National League one for next season has been talked about all season. It just shows how out of touch they are.

I hope it sounded great on TV when the National League executives got the boos they quite rightly deserved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
DB
June 6, 2022, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Two words I want to forget..............National League

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
ginnywings
June 6, 2022, 7:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB
Two words I want to forget..............National League

The word League is fine, especially if you add a 2 at the end of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
fishboyUTM
June 6, 2022, 7:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
National League? No mate, never heard of it. We are Football League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.