forza ivano
June 6, 2022, 10:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
can you give me some insights into
a) was Clifton's miss as bad as it looked, or were there extenuating circumstances?
b) what happened with Hudlin? was it a 'deliberate accident'?
c) what happened when Waterfall and Newton (?) tangled at the far end, when it looked like the attacker might be through

and 2 general questions

1) it looked like Hurst made us much wider in the 2nd half with Sousa/Amos/Cropper hugging the touchline as much as possible, which seemed to make us much more effective
2) did the commentators think that Hudlin's departure changed the game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Wedidntdidwe
June 6, 2022, 11:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 22
A. Looked like it bounced higher than he could get his leg. Probably should have just f@#kin thrown himself at it.
B. Smith was looking to head the ball. Hudlin came in from the side and won it. Accidental clash of heads.
C. Waterfall just being stronger using his body. Not a foul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Sylvom
June 6, 2022, 11:17pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +27
A) He should have scored, but it did bounce up at an awkward height. As previous poster said should have done a Mani.
B) Thought it was a genuine challenge. But I would say that wouldn’t I?
C) I was worried seeing that in real time, but the replay showed it was a bit of a non-event. No foul.

Sorry, was too stressed out by that stage to register any tactical adjustments. Was too busy shouting at the telly and jumping around the room.

Can’t remember the commentators making too much of Hudlin’s departure, but for the above reasons I may have missed it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
LondonMariner43
June 6, 2022, 11:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
The commentators did say they’d had to play differently without Hudlin.  Personally,’for the first time since the start of the Wrexham game, I didn’t fear us conceding every time we gave away a corner.

Clifton - tough one - the ball bounced up high and he was too much off balance to bring it down.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
sonofmadeleymariner
June 6, 2022, 11:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from forza ivano
can you give me some insights into
a) was Clifton's miss as bad as it looked, or were there extenuating circumstances?
b) what happened with Hudlin? was it a 'deliberate accident'?
c) what happened when Waterfall and Newton (?) tangled at the far end, when it looked like the attacker might be through

and 2 general questions

1) it looked like Hurst made us much wider in the 2nd half with Sousa/Amos/Cropper hugging the touchline as much as possible, which seemed to make us much more effective
2) did the commentators think that Hudlin's departure changed the game?

A) looked a little behind him when he took a swing at it
B) Complete accident, tried to outjump a giant for a ball in the air and completely missed
C) I really thought Waterfall had pulled another Waterfall at first but a complete none event on the replay

1) can't say I noticed too much at the time but thinking back thier wingbacks certianly got less of the ball in the second half, but i think them losing Hudlin made them more narrow as well.
2) Yes, they did a little mainly between the halves then during the game, but I thought they were spending more time talking about how good a football team Solihull were and refering us to only a setpiece and hoof ball hick team

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
TownSNAFU5
June 6, 2022, 11:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Some fans said that we should have had a clear pen.  Did not see this at the match.

On the Solihull site there are strong rumours that Hudlin is to sign for Huddersfield.  They are more  bothered about losing their manager and other top players.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
Limerick Mariner
June 7, 2022, 12:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Some fans said that we should have had a clear pen.  Did not see this at the match.

On the Solihull site there are strong rumours that Hudlin is to sign for Huddersfield.  They are more  bothered about losing their manager and other top players.

Weren't you told to bring binoculars then...

Neither did I; I watched the whole game when I got home last night and the McAtee one was a definite pen - BT commentators were really adamant - we didn't appeal much (enough) though, and our fans couldn't react because it was nearer to Southend than to us. The Cropper one was a bit of a leg tangle - if it was Wrexham it would have been given...BT view was - seen given but not sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Wedidntdidwe
June 7, 2022, 12:24am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 22
Stonewall penalty at 0-0 late challenge on McAtee stuffs to the ankle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 7, 2022, 3:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
The smith challenge was a strange one. I thought it was a 50/50 but others have said it was a foul. Whatever though, it changed the game. I felt for the lad because you could see what a state he was in when being taken off. Maybe football needs to have HIA assessments in place like rugby?

The mcatee penalty shout, for me was so obvious. One of thos that VAR was brought in for. Definite pen/red for me. Reckless and no control from their captain.

I reckon the Clifton chance was difficult as the ball upped off the surface a bit faster than he thought. Maybe if he’d ‘done a mani’ he may of scored.

Another key event Was the crocombe save. Brilliant save again from the kiwi and seemed to galvanise our defensive play/confidence

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Kris2
June 7, 2022, 3:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
The Clifton one was a difficult bounce but I think he still should have scored, it just needed contact from any body part and he managed to slice it. Hudlin injury looked like an accidental clash but can see why some may feel deliberate as he was the only thing we were struggling to cope with. They still had their top scorers on the pitch but they were kept relatively quiet for the most part.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Those who watched it on TV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.