Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do you want?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Who do you want?

This thread currently has 4,322 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
June 7, 2022, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from out of town
I wouldn't mind Nolan coming back on trial for pre season

Some serious concerns over his fitness levels having played next to no football in the last two years, but it can't do any harm to get him in for training and see what shape he's in. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
ginnywings
June 7, 2022, 12:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I dunno. Heard a couple of things about possible incomings but the rumour mill is always strong at this time of year.

I'll just wait and see who arrives, then go to google to see who the hell they are.

Right now, I'm more interested in the retained list and which current out of contract players we offer deals to, or which contracted players are offered extended deals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
TwoLeftFeet
June 7, 2022, 1:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
For me would be happy to retain most of team that got us up hopefully come start of season its not like before where team is dismantled after play off win..

Love to get Smith again if not Callum Howe impressed me Sunday for Solihull or Joe Lewis from Torquay.

Keeping Fox and getting McAtee on new deal would be priority number 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
gtfc_chris
June 7, 2022, 1:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Heard a whisper the other day that Ryan Bennett is buying a house on Humberston Avenue. That doesn't necessarily translate as moving to Grimsby, could be that he planned to relocate here after playing regardless and that opens up Lincoln, Doncaster or maybe even Hull. If true though and he does end up back here then that for me will be one of the best signings in living memory. Not getting my hopes up but after the dream that has been the play-offs I'm leaving the window open for another one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
DB
June 7, 2022, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from ginnywings
I dunno. Heard a couple of things about possible incomings but the rumour mill is always strong at this time of year.

I'll just wait and see who arrives, then go to google to see who the hell they are.

Right now, I'm more interested in the retained list and which current out of contract players we offer deals to, or which contracted players are offered extended deals.

Any idea when the retained list is due out?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
Poojah
June 7, 2022, 1:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from gtfc_chris
Heard a whisper the other day that Ryan Bennett is buying a house on Humberston Avenue. That doesn't necessarily translate as moving to Grimsby, could be that he planned to relocate here after playing regardless and that opens up Lincoln, Doncaster or maybe even Hull. If true though and he does end up back here then that for me will be one of the best signings in living memory. Not getting my hopes up but after the dream that has been the play-offs I'm leaving the window open for another one.

Bennett is currently contracted to Swansea City, where I’d be surprised if he wasn’t on a very healthy 5-figure weekly wage. I’ll file that one under ‘unlikely’ for now.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
GtfcGarner
June 7, 2022, 1:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Marek Stech (GK from Mansfield) - Fight Crocombe for the #1 spot.

Niall Maher (CB from Halifax) Thought he was amazing every time I’ve seen him

Cian Harriers - CB from Bristol.
More of a wishful one than expected. Played pretty much every game for Rovers in their promotion campaign and still fairly young.

Farrend Rawson - CB from Mansfield
Decent experience at this level and been at Forest Green and more recently Mansfield both near the right end of the table. Stags fans seem to rate him but made a silly mistake one game and Clough never forgave him for it.

Max Clarke - LB from Rochdale. Came through Hulls youth system and earned a move to Vitesse in Holland. Was tracked as a possible back up to Andy Robertson some years ago. Actually played against him and the best player I’ve ever played against, also can cover at CB

Nigel Atangana (CM from Exeter) - Upgraded version of Giles Coke.

Bahamboula - Winger from Oldham. Think he’s a very very raw player that PH could turn into a diamond with the right training.

Alex Rodman - More if a Hurst signing than wanting him even at the ripe old age of 35 I think Hurst loves a former player and might return for Alex in the summer if he doesn’t retire.

Just a few I’ve managed to pluck on my dinner break I’m sure there is a few more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
MarinerDevil
June 7, 2022, 1:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,802
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from DB

Any idea when the retained list is due out?

Hurst is speaking to players today so presumably tomorrow at the earliest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
DB
June 7, 2022, 2:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Hurst is speaking to players today so presumably tomorrow at the earliest.

Thanks for that.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
GollyGTFC
June 7, 2022, 2:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Champions League winning team right there!! Let us not forget Maxim Tsigalko and Hakan Mild

I was trying to put Maxim Tsigalko down but I couldn’t remember how to spell his name.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do you want?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.