5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
June 11, 2022, 8:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Can’t help but think the way in which Macca has faded away this season is a big disappointment for someone who has been absolutely instrumental for the club for so long. I remember a couple of seasons back top Scottish clubs interested in him, but he wanted to stay in the area. Kind of wish he had gone ‘on a high’ than leave on a whimper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
aldi_01
June 11, 2022, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I wonder if the fading with a whimper is partly on him. He was dropped, simple as that. There clearly more to it but it’s happened and he’ll be remembered as a legend, probably rightly so.

He had his moments, transfer requests and spitting his dummy out but on the whole he’ll always be fondly remembered.

Not surprised by this at all and sadly, zero room for sentiment for a club clearly on the way up..

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
mrsd
June 11, 2022, 9:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I echo the sentiments of others.

A great servant to the club and one of the best shot stoppers I have seen here.

Sadly the past season or so wasn't the way he would have wanted to bow out and we all saw this coming.

We all wish him the best in the future. He will soon get fixed up with a club and still has plenty to offer.

Off the pitch he will be missed around the area as he did a lot of great work in the community. He will forever remain a popular figure and I hope we see him visit Blundell Park as a guest many times in the future. I think he married a local girl so I wouldn't be surprised if he settled in the area once he retires.

Good luck Macca

Chloe is not a local lass
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
BottesfordMariner
June 11, 2022, 9:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mrsd

Chloe is not a local lass

My mistake. Dont know why i had that in my head

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
Grimsby2012
June 11, 2022, 9:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
How much does he free our wage budget up?

Sure he'll find a good non league club though

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Maringer
June 11, 2022, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Good luck to him in the future. Given his age, he ought to be in his prime as a keeper, but something has happened over the past year or two and his kicking is noticeably worse than it was and he's had more ricks than usual as well.

As others have said, it's rate in this day and age for a player to stay at one club for so long and it's been a good relationship for both parties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
SouthLakesMariner
June 11, 2022, 9:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +945
Gold Stars: 21
Thank you Macca for your loyal service and all the very best for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
Poojah
June 11, 2022, 11:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Not unexpected but sad news all the same. Having started watching Town as a nipper in 1992 and having not had a season ticket until a couple of years later, I missed a good portion of the original Macca’s early time with Town, and so I think I’m right in saying Macca mk2 is the player I have seen represent Town more than anyone else.

30 years of following Town, and he’s been a key figure for a third of it. And for good reason. Yes, he’s a fantastic bloke, yes he wears his heart on his sleeve and yes he’s been a great ambassador for the club, but he’s also been an absolutely cracking goalkeeper for us. He’s made some absolutely breathtaking saves at times.

Things haven’t worked out for him these last 12 months or so, but that’s life. It doesn’t detract from his wonderful service to this club over the years, and I thank him for all of the great memories and moments he’s given us.

He’ll always be very, very welcome at BP. See you soon James, and all the best for the future! Town legend.

If you need a reminder of how good he’s been, fill your boots…

https://youtu.be/QWFzZsvjy5s

https://youtu.be/WtcNJ6F3Nrg

https://youtu.be/yY2VgLjVGOU

https://youtu.be/ydoRhKgxqKE

https://youtu.be/5cZ_bcZl-6M

https://youtu.be/bAI26UhrvVQ

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
ginnywings
June 12, 2022, 12:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Nothing to add other than thank you James and good luck for the future.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
Abdul19
June 12, 2022, 12:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
That save at Northampton was insane (and Harry Cardwell scored his 1 goal for us that day!)

All the best, James!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James Mckeown

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.