7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
July 7, 2022, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
As there has been a bit of a swipe at the club on here today, I thought it worth relating my experience with the club, Debbie in particular, today.

I’m not going into detail but there was an issue regarding season tickets that I wasn’t happy about and, as a consequence, sent her an email. Within the hour, I received an email understanding my point and it was resolved with a courteous response and a promise to put right.

I don’t know what the other poster is trying to say but it’s things like this that differentiate the club from its’ previous incarnation.
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
July 7, 2022, 9:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I suspect standards of customer care are far higher than they were and it's not inconceivable some people might struggle with that. It's never felt like that to me over the past year though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 65
fishboyUTM
July 9, 2022, 9:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
To be fair, even under the previous regime I'd never had a problem with the staff on the ground so to speak. Ticket and shop office staff have always done a great job. Even John Fenty had replied quickly and extensively to my emails. Although once I actually defended him on the fishy (and I am no fan of JF )after some idiots made false accusations against him. My thanks were a phone call from Nick Dale and an indefinite ban from BP until they actually read what I had put! A thank you was in order, not a ban from BP!

I get the impression the staff now have the tools to do their jobs better. In and out of house training, upgraded technology and the right skills. I bet it's a better place to work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
July 9, 2022, 4:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from fishboyUTM
To be fair, even under the previous regime I'd never had a problem with the staff on the ground so to speak. Ticket and shop office staff have always done a great job. Even John Fenty had replied quickly and extensively to my emails. Although once I actually defended him on the fishy (and I am no fan of JF )after some idiots made false accusations against him. My thanks were a phone call from Nick Dale and an indefinite ban from BP until they actually read what I had put! A thank you was in order, not a ban from BP!

I get the impression the staff now have the tools to do their jobs better. In and out of house training, upgraded technology and the right skills. I bet it's a better place to work.

A number of times Fenty said stuff to people’s face and then did just the opposite afterwards. I am certain we will not see that with the current regime.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 65
pen penfras
July 9, 2022, 4:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

A number of times Fenty said stuff to people’s face and then did just the opposite afterwards. I am certain we will not see that with the current regime.

Yea, they'd never do anything like start a movement to protect a club's badge without fan consultation and then just change ours anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 65
wigworld
July 9, 2022, 4:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from pen penfras

Yea, they'd never do anything like start a movement to protect a club's badge without fan consultation and then just change ours anyway.

After the carnage the previous regime brought on this club, is that really the best you can come up with?
No it wasn't great (although pretty minor in the scheme of things), but they acknowledged that and commited to being better at enaging with supporters over change.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 65
Bristol Mariner
July 9, 2022, 4:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

You're back. You must have to spend hours trawling to find anything to say now?...

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 65
Rodley Mariner
July 9, 2022, 4:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from pen penfras

Who put 50p in the buffoon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 65
It Bites
July 9, 2022, 4:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
[quote=140128]

Yea, they'd never do anything like start a movement to protect a club's badge without fan consultation and then just change ours anyway.[/quote

Orrrr Bless , has mother let you out .
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 65
forza ivano
July 9, 2022, 4:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

the other stuff you wrote about how brilliant it is to see a record number of season tickets sold; how amazing that sales have doubled from the figures during Fenty's yoke; how you couldn't believe that we could sell 1000 shirts in a morning, how Hurst and the team seem to be flourishing  under the new benign leadership -  all of it seems to have disappeared

perhaps you'd like to post something reflecting your happiness that the club is having, both on and off the park?  (I won't hold my breath)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 65
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debbie Cook

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.