This thread currently has 4,056 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 19, 2022, 10:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 201
This will probably end up in non-football but whatever.

Waited for the bus to go to BP tonight at Brighton St that was due at 18:51 on the Stagecoach App, didn't turn up, yet again.

Walked to the high street to get another bus and luckily there was one sat there, my wife got a sprint on (she's 61 I'm 62 with a dodgy knee) and was about 5 foot from the bus when it pulled off, he must have seen her in his mirror.

Finally got a bus and arrived at the ground 10 minutes late.

Coming out of the ground we didn't see one bus both ways as we  walked all the way back to Brighton Street, poor.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Davec
July 19, 2022, 10:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Stagecoach are shocking, they run a terrible service across the local area, in other areas, the local bus provider operate football special buses, put on extra buses etc before and after the game, Stagecoach in Grimsby do absolutely nothing of the kind.

Totally unfit for purpose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
scott
July 19, 2022, 10:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +130
Gold Stars: 1
I'm not a regular bus passenger but my girlfriend is. Always messing about with services and skipping busses. Completely unreliable and it cannot be defended. It's not fit for purpose and needs a complete overhaul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
The Yard Dog
July 19, 2022, 10:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from promotion plaice

This will probably end up in non-football but whatever.

Waited for the bus to go to BP tonight at Brighton St that was due at 18:51 on the Stagecoach App, didn't turn up, yet again.

Walked to the high street to get another bus and luckily there was one sat there, my wife got a sprint on (she's 61 I'm 62 with a dodgy knee)[/b] and was about 5 foot from the bus when it pulled off.[b]

Finally got a bus and arrived at the ground 10 minutes late.

Coming out of the ground we didn't see one bus both ways as we  walked all the way back to Brighton Street, poor.

Its a favourite trick of bus drivers, thats happened plenty of times to me and seen happen many a time to other people.
My mum is 80 and uses the buses alot, she has complain to me recently about buses not arriving at Hardy's Rd, when the digital bus display states 2 minutes away.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
Kris2
July 19, 2022, 11:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Some of the drivers are jerks in general around the area. Had a huge argument with one who didn't stop at my stop after I pushed the bell, the sign for "stopping" was lit up but he carried on driving and I stumbled forward to get off at the next available with my pretty dodgy knees. The driver insisted I didn't push the button and argued the entire time with me, said that he looked at me to see if I was getting up and didn't...Yes because of pain in my knees due to an old injury and arthritis I prefer to wait until the bus has stopped so I sat expecting him to stop and not speed past my stop. It was his attitude and defensiveness more than anything, if he'd had said he made a mistake that would have been the end but it's like he was enjoying shouting me down when I complained he missed my stop even though I pressed the bell.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
Theimperialcoroner
July 19, 2022, 11:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Davec
Stagecoach are shocking, they run a terrible service across the local area, in other areas, the local bus provider operate football special buses, put on extra buses etc before and after the game, Stagecoach in Grimsby do absolutely nothing of the kind.

Totally unfit for purpose

It’s amazing how Stagecoach, significant donors to the Tory party, keep getting these gigs.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
grimsby pete
July 19, 2022, 11:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
The best bus drivers were the ones in the 70's.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
barralad
July 19, 2022, 11:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Drivers are leaving Stagecoach all the time locally. Seems they aren't a great company to work for and can the drivers earn more with far less hassle delivering food. They have been missing buses out of the timetable for months now and as it takes ages to train drivers up I don't expect any changes any time soon. Public transport is in a he'll of a mess in this country.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
crusty ole pie
July 20, 2022, 12:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,381
Gold Stars: 66
On holiday in jersey what a great bus service on time to the minute and clean and all the bus drivers are superbly friendly shout our you stop, if your stood at a stop they stop and advise you when your bus is due greet you with a smile and a good morning stage coach need to see how a good service can be run mainly by being agood and caring employer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
GYinScuntland
July 20, 2022, 12:12am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
My GF drives buses in Scunthorpe although not Stagecoach.
Stagecoach drop buses all the time and there's no reliability at all .
As one previous poster said about them doing the off when running to catch a bus, this has happened to me many times but it's nothing to do with the company and everything to do with the driver's personality.
As the other half says, some drivers are just arseholes who dare not bully you to your face
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stagecoach

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.