5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
July 20, 2022, 12:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Its no better here in Stoke, we have First and D&G. The local council pumps money into them constantly to just to get them to keep running the services they barely do at the moment and they wonder why everyone drives

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
GYinScuntland
July 20, 2022, 12:19am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Kris2
Some of the drivers are jerks in general around the area. Had a huge argument with one who didn't stop at my stop after I pushed the bell, the sign for "stopping" was lit up but he carried on driving and I stumbled forward to get off at the next available with my pretty dodgy knees. The driver insisted I didn't push the button and argued the entire time with me, said that he looked at me to see if I was getting up and didn't...Yes because of pain in my knees due to an old injury and arthritis I prefer to wait until the bus has stopped so I sat expecting him to stop and not speed past my stop. It was his attitude and defensiveness more than anything, if he'd had said he made a mistake that would have been the end but it's like he was enjoying shouting me down when I complained he missed my stop even though I pressed the bell.

I'm sure most buses have signs advising you to remain seated until the bus stops.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
male private Nale
July 20, 2022, 6:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Bring back Grimsby Cleethorpes Transport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
rancido
July 20, 2022, 7:10am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
The Stagecoach app is a right mess as regards Willows/Wybers and the No 6. Although you can track the bus on the app map it never appears at the upcoming arrivals at the app stops even when you can physically see the bus! I went to the depot yesterday to point this out and a rep there said to ring customer services which is based in Perth, Scotland. When I pointed out if he could contact them through the company he said that that was their only way to highlight problems as well! Totally crazy when a company as large as that has no internal mechanism to deal with a simple problem.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
July 20, 2022, 7:45am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
Drivers are leaving Stagecoach all the time locally. Seems they aren't a great company to work for and can the drivers earn more with far less hassle delivering food. They have been missing buses out of the timetable for months now and as it takes ages to train drivers up I don't expect any changes any time soon. Public transport is in a he'll of a mess in this country.

Worst Group are supposed to provide most of the services in Donny. In the 19 years I've lived in Thorne I've seen a rapid reduction in services from six an hour to two going into town. It becomes one an hour in the evening. Every timetable normally sees a further reduction.

Couple that with the hourly train service from Thorne North reduced and no trains until at least December from Thorne South. That will be a year without trains from the latter.

As for getting over to GY, TPE are an utter disgrace.
Reply: 14 - 42
Grantham_Mariner
July 20, 2022, 8:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
Be grateful you don,t live in Grantham. Centre Buses are pants. No buses after 6pm, no buses on Sundays. When they miss a bus out it is an hour between buses on main routes. Work in the town centre and you often can,t get home as last bus is missed out regularly.

Anyway don,t worry the Government  are going to level things out.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
mimma
July 20, 2022, 8:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Get hold of your local councillor and complain to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
Caveman
July 20, 2022, 8:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from male private Nale
Bring back Grimsby Cleethorpes Transport.

Bring back Cleethorpes Transport and run it
from Pelham Road'

My dad and his his family put in 200 years between
them on the horse trams' the trams, trolley buses and
the diesels in their days.

On a Saturday afternoon there would be more than
twenty ' footy specials' parked outside BP waiting to
take the fans home.

Oh, and about forty drivers and their conductors on
the Constitutional End terraces cheering on the Town.

On duty or not dad hardly ever missed a game.  Those were the days !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
GollyGTFC
July 20, 2022, 9:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from mimma
Get hold of your local councillor and complain to them.

Do Stagecoach receive a council subsidy for that route?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 42
GollyGTFC
July 20, 2022, 9:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Why are the country short of bus drivers? And HGV drivers? And skilled jobs in a whole raft of Industries.

What happened? Why didn’t somebody warn people it would happen?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stagecoach

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.