6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
July 21, 2022, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Surely all Town fans know you come to The Fishy for breaking news and info...and stay for the homo-erotic tension.

The OS could never compete with that.

I don't even come for the news or info, just the highlighted bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
Southwark Mariner
July 21, 2022, 2:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
When has crying like a child about something ridiculously trivial ever got us 3 points on a Saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
louth_in_the_south
July 21, 2022, 2:28pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Golly has definitely got the bit between his teeth when it comes to finding faults with the new regime.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
GollyGTFC
July 21, 2022, 2:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Golly has definitely got the bit between his teeth when it comes to finding faults with the new regime.

Have a day off. You should have seen what I posted about Fenty. I was calling him out before it was cool and trendy to do so. I simply state things I am disappointed with and don’t accept that after 14 months the new regime should be given special allowance because they are “new”.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 58
forza ivano
July 21, 2022, 2:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Debbie ex plainedin the interview as to what had happened  with the shirts. Perhaps if you email her with your queries/ concerns you may get a rational explanation/reply?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
Poojah
July 21, 2022, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Have a day off. You should have seen what I posted about Fenty. I was calling him out before it was cool and trendy to do so. I simply state things I am disappointed with and don’t accept that after 14 months the new regime should be given special allowance because they are “new”.

Agreed. They should be given special allowance because we just won promotion at the first time of asking with one of the most exciting seasons in living memory, leading to the sale of nearly 6,000 season tickets as a result.

Things aren’t 100% perfect and it’s reasonable to politely point any issues out, but it needs doing so with the above context.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
louth_in_the_south
July 21, 2022, 3:01pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Have a day off ? I’ve hardly been calling you out . And for what it’s worth I was calling fenty out the day he got carried around the pitch at Bournemouth in 2010 like the false god he is .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
codcheeky
July 21, 2022, 3:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Poojah

Agreed. They should be given special allowance because we just won promotion at the first time of asking with one of the most exciting seasons in living memory, leading to the sale of nearly 6,000 season tickets as a result.

Things aren’t 100% perfect and it’s reasonable to politely point any issues out, but it needs doing so with the above context.

Golly is right to point out what is wrong, too many became sheep following Fenty and his lame excuses, let's not try and find excuses for the new team, we should not be settling for second best in any department, social media is the future of information and public relations and pointing out that the web site is sloppy in updating stuff and getting info out is very valid.  Surely this is so important now that it has to be right or worked on immediately to rectify mistakes and update information.
Who is in charge of the club website? What is their excuse for it being out of date? Is it a shared role that is only thought of in free time?
  Sloppy standards in any sphere of work need pointing out and rectifying before they become habits.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
RichMariner
July 21, 2022, 3:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
To be fair I don't think it's wrong to call something out if you think it isn't right.

Jason has said many times in interviews that it's about continuous improvement. For what it's worth, I agree — I think the website content has gone a bit backwards. And there's probably a reason for it.

Not a huge concern, but it's worth flagging. The owners have also said many times they want to hear from the fans.

If we have an issue, they want to hear it. Otherwise they're guessing at what we want.

Not everything is an attack on the owners. The website was given a lot of love in its redesign and now it looks like the content is an after-thought.

But like everything else they've worked on, it'll get better.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
It Bites
July 21, 2022, 3:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GollyGTFC

They changed the headline. The article still references the prices of an early bird season ticket and the savings they give.

Given how Jason made his fortune you’d expect the website would be superb. But that isn’t the case at the moment.

If your moaning about trivial things hasn't quelled your appetite then I suggest you start asking serious questions like

How come the PA System isn't fit for purpose
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › www.gtfc.co.uk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.