WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 25, 2022, 6:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from aldi_01

A crowd made up of Ray Charles and Stevie wonder I see…

They don’t/didn’t

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 86
pontoonlew
July 25, 2022, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I’ve no doubt it’s a bizarre signing but some on here don’t half have some in depth opinions on his game given they can only have seen him once for us.

Plenty of our fans rated Montel Gibson and Ira Jackson who had ample opportunities and were absolutely flipping woeful, so Sisay need not worry too much if those same people don’t rate him.

Good luck to him, it’s a huge step up, that’s for sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 86
ginnywings
July 25, 2022, 7:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Clearly has more than he showed here, but as Lew alluded in his post, football fans are not the best judge of players, especially ones who didn't get much chance to settle.

We've seen other players look clueless, then go on to have a decent career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 86
ex-merseymariner
July 25, 2022, 7:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,402
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’ve no doubt it’s a bizarre signing but some on here don’t half have some in depth opinions on his game given they can only have seen him once for us.

Plenty of our fans rated Montel Gibson and Ira Jackson who had ample opportunities and were absolutely flipping woeful, so Sisay need not worry too much if those same people don’t rate him.

You are wrong in your first sentence.  I've seen him play, for Clee Town,  and was far from impressed, and am very surprised he's found a league club.  Must assume he's improved a lot, maybe beefed up .

Oddly enough thanks to the pandemic sisay was one of just 3 town players I saw that season in person, the other two being curran and painter in the same game.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 86
jamesgtfc
July 25, 2022, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew

I saw him come on as a sub for Clee Town a whole 5 levels below Accrington and he was absolutely dreadful. People have said what players thought when he turned up at Cheapside too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 86
toontown
July 25, 2022, 9:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
And, not just him, Montel Gibson is slamming them in for Ilkeston right now...think Sissay will struggle though, it's okay doing it the Welsh league, even in friendlies, but once he's upon against competitive defenders he'll be found seriously wanting

Yeah but aren't they 3 or 4 tiers below league 2, hardly surprising he can muster some goals at that level, certainly irrelevant to being deemed surplus to requirements by us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 86
Northbank Mariner
July 25, 2022, 9:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from toontown

Yeah but aren't they 3 or 4 tiers below league 2, hardly surprising he can muster some goals at that level, certainly irrelevant to being deemed surplus to requirements by us.

Roughly the same standard as where Sissay has been playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 86
jamesgtfc
July 25, 2022, 9:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Louis Robles hasn't disgraced himself in the Welsh top flight which probably tells you everything you need to know about the standard too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 86
buckstown
July 25, 2022, 10:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
It seems extraordinary that he's got a two year deal at a league one club, but maybe he's improved and developed. He came on as a second half sub in their friendly against Sunderland and the fans thought he had a significant impact.
If I see that Montel has signed for a championship club I'm giving up on football as I've clearly lost the plot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 86
blundellpork
July 25, 2022, 10:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from buckstown
It seems extraordinary that he's got a two year deal at a league one club, but maybe he's improved and developed. He came on as a second half sub in their friendly against Sunderland and the fans thought he had a significant impact.
If I see that Montel has signed for a championship club I'm giving up on football as I've clearly lost the plot

Await Championship reveal party
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alhagi Touray sisay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.