6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
August 8, 2022, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Male Private Nale = Dïck Nale, swap the two capital letters and you have the name of an aggrieved former stadium manager...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
aldi_01
August 8, 2022, 8:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Male Private Nale = Dïck Nale, swap the two capital letters and you have the name of an aggrieved former stadium manager...

Would be ironic if it was him demanding traceability and transparency regarding the allocation of funds given his previous…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
Mariner56
August 8, 2022, 10:25am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think you’ve hit the Nale on the head there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
marinerjase
August 8, 2022, 10:50am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,679
Gold Stars: 147
So this last week or so we’ve had moans about giving free programmes out..moans about a fanzone being a closed shop..moans about funds distributed..on top of all the other stuff folk like to female dog and moan about because they don’t get what ‘they’ want, or it doesn’t suit them personally.

Can we at least have a bit of rationale??

If you want transparency - I’ll give it here..

Club was in a mess for decades..mistakes made on all sides..club and trust. Even at the worst time there were a handful of people trying to enforce change and fight fans corner, voluntarily.

Eventually we’ve got to a point when old regime gone, new regime in - along with a Trust that’s grown and learned (still is) with a desire to improve things on all sides. It takes time..there’ll be mistakes..but when there’s people working tirelessly, giving up their time for the benefit of others, again voluntarily and no pay, giving up their evenings and weekends..giving up their summer to help improve facilities..please don’t go round and question their intent, their motives and their efforts.

There’s lots go on that we don’t see..be it improvements, meetings and work.

There’s a whole group of people both in club and trust working together - that in itself is something not been allowed to happen previously - who’s sole aim is to improve the club, and facilities and make things better for everyone who goes. Furthermore there’s efforts to engage families, youngsters and next generations. As well as try to help local people in various ways be it attending, or help in any way, be it good banks or groups such as the memory group, and the recently added mental health group etc ..the list goes on.

These aren’t bad things. They’re all bloody good. And should be appreciated and welcomed..not questioned.

IF..and I appreciate at some times there will be questions - address them to the appropriate group..in the right way..you’ll get an answer either way.  Don’t go whining on here or elsewhere.

And IF..you still aren’t happy..then maybe consider trying to help yourself..rather than stand in background doing zilch.  

There’s been no better time than last few months..both on and off pitch..clubs back on track..fans attending..feel good factor because of promotion, summer of sport, females engaging..whatever..we should be looking to continue that feel good factor and build on it - like those working for and with the club are trying to do - for the benefit of others for years to come.

And to finish - yes..continue to question..disagree..that way everyone learns and benefits..but do it the right bloody way.

Rant over.

*i don’t work for the trust or club, merely a fan who’s really peed off at seeing people whom work tirelessly for others being questioned. Apologies if this offends.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
aldi_01
August 8, 2022, 11:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from marinerjase
So this last week or so we’ve had moans about giving free programmes out..moans about a fanzone being a closed shop..moans about funds distributed..on top of all the other stuff folk like to female dog and moan about because they don’t get what ‘they’ want, or it doesn’t suit them personally.

Club was in a mess for decades..mistakes made on all sides..club and trust. Even at the worst time there were a handful of people trying to enforce change and fight fans corner, voluntarily.

Eventually we’ve got to a point when old regime gone, new regime in - along with a Trust that’s grown and learned (still is) with a desire to improve things on all sides. It takes time..there’ll be mistakes..but when there’s people working tirelessly, giving up their time for the benefit of others, again voluntarily and no pay, giving up their evenings and weekends..giving up their summer to help improve facilities..please don’t go round and question their intent, their motives and their efforts.

There’s a whole group of people both in club and trust working together - that in itself is something not been allowed to happen previously - who’s sole aim is to improve the club, and facilities and make things better for everyone who goes. Furthermore there’s efforts to engage families, youngsters and next generations. As well as try to help local people in various ways be it attending, or help in any way, be it good banks or groups such as the memory group, and the recently added mental health group etc ..the list goes on.

These aren’t bad things. They’re all bloody good. And should be appreciated and welcomed..not questioned.

IF..and I appreciate at some times there will be questions - address them to the appropriate group..in the right way..you’ll get an answer either way.  Don’t go whining on here or elsewhere.

And IF..you still aren’t happy..then maybe consider trying to help yourself..rather than stand in background doing zilch.  

There’s been no better time than last few months..both on and off pitch..clubs back on track..fans attending..feel good factor because of promotion, summer of sport, females engaging..whatever..we should be looking to continue that feel good factor and build on it - like those working for and with the club are trying to do - for the benefit of others for years to come.

And to finish - yes..continue to question..disagree..that way everyone learns and benefits..but do it the right bloody way.

Rant over.

*i don’t work for the trust or club, merely a fan who’s really peed off at seeing people whom work tirelessly for others being questioned. Apologies if this offends.

Don’t think anyone with half a brain would disagree although I’ll stick up for Heisenberg, he wasn’t saying it’s a closed shop, I think it was more an enquiry that it seems to be the same faces, once the discussion was had everyone understood. I’m not sure there’s any sane person that doesn’t think the fanzone is a shite idea.

The club was copulated. I know there’s a tiny minority that still believe Fenty or don’t want to believe how bad it was but it really was.

I worked with a close friend of Hurst for years, when he came back he spoke with him and Hurst said he couldn’t believe it had gotten that bad.

Anyone sensible recognises the hard work being done and if I’m honest, for me, it’s feeling like I support a new club.

There’ll be teething problems, there’ll be questions raised but for now, it feels mega to be a town fan.

Perhaps we’ve spent so long in the excrement, so long with poor management of the club, we’ve become accustomed to moaning?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
brigg_mariner
August 8, 2022, 11:14am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Another fishy thread for the records that really wasn't needed.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
August 8, 2022, 11:18am
Guest User
Quoted from marinerjase

Rant over.

Yes, that's all well and good, but I WANT ATTENTION.
Reply: 36 - 52
male private Nale
August 8, 2022, 12:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Hopefully lessons are learned from this and a more robust email answering process can be implemented moving forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Mikey_345
August 8, 2022, 12:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Quoted from male private Nale
Hopefully lessons are learned from this and a more robust email answering process can be implemented moving forward.

Oh have a day off will ya. Maybe your “friend” could get off his bottom and follow his email up when everyone who hasn’t had a reply is asked to do so.

Instead of waiting 2 months to have a moan to you about it..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
jamesgtfc
August 8, 2022, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from male private Nale

Maybe Rob could implement a more robust signing up process so male privates like you can't become members.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust distribution of funds raised

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.