This thread currently has 12,537 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
male private Johnson
September 5, 2022, 3:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +170
Gold Stars: 6

I have no idea whether he’d be interested in coming back, and agree that if location is important Hull and Sheff Weds would be more attractive.

Not sure about Lincoln as a more likely destination though. For the last couple of years maybe, but is that still the case?

There’s not many league places between us now and our trajectories look to be quite different right now.

If I was already highly regarded at a club that helped launch my career I know where I’d go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 63
forza ivano
September 5, 2022, 4:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jaygy
Smith and Bennett Centre back partnership for us in league 1 next season, you heard it here first  

Wouldn't that be lovely?
In all honesty we are going to be looking for a decent experienced centre back before too long, as Waterfall can't go on forever (especially if we did manage to go up)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
Maringer
September 5, 2022, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from fishcake63
i thought when we got towler he was good but smith in a differant league for a 20 yr old centre back to be like him week in week out is astounding , if we could i'd sign him in a heartbeat he will be a championship player shortly on a regular basis if not hull then a champs bigboy

Smith is a good young player who is doing very well for us so far, but let's not gloss over the fact that he's only made 6 appearances in the Football League to date. Bennett left us when he was a year younger and he'd already made over 100 Football League appearances by then.

Whether or not Bennett is the player he was even a year or two back, I don't know, but I don't think Smith measures up to him if you compare them at similar ages. Smith looks a really good prospect. Bennett was a really, really, really good prospect who has spent the majority of his career at least a couple of divisions above where we are now and I suspect he'll be playing at a higher level this season as well (if fit, of course).

I'd assume Bennett will find himself a League One club not too far from N.E. Lincs in due course. Lincoln and Burton look as though they could do with a bit of shoring up in defence, for instance!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
FPVmariner
September 5, 2022, 6:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

Wouldn't that be lovely?
In all honesty we are going to be looking for a decent experienced centre back before too long, as Waterfall can't go on forever (especially if we did manage to go up)

Waterfall is younger than Bennett…….
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Bennett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.