Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 134 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,165 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimsby2012
September 18, 2022, 8:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Honestly, you are a complete spanner...why don't you do us all a favour and f@ck off and support Scunny

Everything OK at home m8?

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 65
GTFC_85
September 18, 2022, 8:50am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Sussexmariner

That was my view on Hurst after we lost to Gateshead in the play of semi’s (2013?)…not bothered to change through idleness and lack of tech  knowledge.
IF it does go mammaries up I will be seen as a visionary

You had the tech knowledge at the time tho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 65
Wiley2405
September 18, 2022, 9:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Anyone know why hursty gave the old finger to the lip to fans behind the dug out? Assume someone was just giving him excrement throughout the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 65
HertsGTFC
September 18, 2022, 9:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Sussexmariner

That was my view on Hurst after we lost to Gateshead in the play of semi’s (2013?)…not bothered to change through idleness and lack of tech  knowledge.
IF it does go mammaries up I will be seen as a visionary

It already has gone mammaries up as he’s got us promoted twice.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 65
pontoonlew
September 18, 2022, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Mariner_501
I’m finding town so boring to watch this season, but we keep grinding out results which for me is the most important thing.

We are in a great position at the minute. Smith and Waterfall are outstanding and what a find Crocombe was. Crazy to think he was apparently destined for NLN with Boston before we offered him a contract. A very good league two keeper.

I’m not sure why this has so many negatives. We’re all watching the games, we’re by no means entertaining for the most part but who cares for now? The results are fantastic.

Having said that, I do believe we’re going to have to offer more at some point to stay in this position. McAtee should go some way to change that, but our home form will inevitably suffer if we don’t start to really grab hold of games.

If that does start happening, it might not just be the play-offs we’re looking at…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 65
Davec
September 18, 2022, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’m not sure why this has so many negatives. We’re all watching the games, we’re by no means entertaining for the most part but who cares for now? The results are fantastic.

Having said that, I do believe we’re going to have to offer more at some point to stay in this position. McAtee should go some way to change that, but our home form will inevitably suffer if we don’t start to really grab hold of games.

If that does start happening, it might not just be the play-offs we’re looking at…

I like to think that once we have Hunt integrated into the team with Khan fit and Richardson getting used to his team mates and getting to grips with the league and Mcatee coming back into the fold then hopefully we are more threatening and we start cementing our place in the play offs hopefully!

Defensively I think we look good enough, just need to get it together in the final third, but we don't need to score excrement loads of goals to reach the play offs provided you have a solid defence which it seems we have
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 65
aldi_01
September 18, 2022, 11:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s odd isn’t it. We’re probably a better side than we were the start of last season but we were much more entertaining to watch, albeit against shitter teams.

It always felt like we weren’t that great but teams were poor too, this year I feel like we’ve got so much more to give yet we’re still getting results. It’s a great habit and a great thing to hold on to. We dig in, and they work hard for each other. I’ve been a critic of Clifton but you can’t knock his effort and the goals he’s chipped in with, Efete too. He’s had some stick yet we’ve got a pretty water tight defence that he is part of.

I feel like a team is due a good hiding from us at some point, everything will click.

We know we’ll lose games but mentality is there and we’ll be able to bounce back.

It’s really hard to grumble really…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 65
forza ivano
September 18, 2022, 11:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
agree with most of the points made by those who were there.
few odds and sods to add
Crocombe - v. vocal &is looking more n more confident and commanding. Noticed how he was really bowling the ball out low and accurately- something Criousden has been working on?
Efete - bit worried about Michee , his body language is very 'down in the mouth' ; even when we scored there was no real pleasure or excitement.Doesn't seem to be enjoying his football and is almost tentative. Fair play he battled on and by the end was playing a lot more like we are used to. A few sessions with a sports pyschologist maybe, unless there are some personal things we don't know about
Glennon - noticeable in the first half how him and Harry were 'discussing' their partnership - looks like it's a work in progress
Holohan - v much better than on Tuesday and possibly the best I've seen him play. V professional to get himself back up to the level expected after Tuesday
Richardson - cheeky little fecker, a box of tricks. Think he will only become more effective as he gets used to the league and his teamates
Hunt - amazed nobody's really mentioned Hunt; exactly what we need  , v. accurate in his passing, and they're good passes too. Always looking to go forward and was v good at finding people in space
Taylor  - thought he played pretty well, occupied their big central defenders in a real battle
Kiernan - a Hurst type winger, really hard working, but for me he's an average l2 player , bit better than Sousa but wastes too many passes an has generally poor decision making. Be v. interesting to see how Khan is in comparison, but i could easily see Hurst wanting to upgrade in January
Clifton - harry now is just a totally different to the Harry pre Hurst. Where did he learn , not only how to score, but how to finish so coolly and make those runs? It was never in his locker, in fact we despaired of him even learning to pass consistently! He deserves huge credit for developing his skill set so markedly. I can imagine other league 1 teams starting to get interested in him

MOTM? Smith closely follwed by Waterfall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 65
Bigdog
September 18, 2022, 11:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from forza ivano
agree with most of the points made by those who were there.
few odds and sods to add
Crocombe - v. vocal &is looking more n more confident and commanding. Noticed how he was really bowling the ball out low and accurately- something Criousden has been working on?
Efete - bit worried about Michee , his body language is very 'down in the mouth' ; even when we scored there was no real pleasure or excitement.Doesn't seem to be enjoying his football and is almost tentative. Fair play he battled on and by the end was playing a lot more like we are used to. A few sessions with a sports pyschologist maybe, unless there are some personal things we don't know about
Glennon - noticeable in the first half how him and Harry were 'discussing' their partnership - looks like it's a work in progress
Holohan - v much better than on Tuesday and possibly the best I've seen him play. V professional to get himself back up to the level expected after Tuesday
Richardson - cheeky little fecker, a box of tricks. Think he will only become more effective as he gets used to the league and his teamates
Hunt - amazed nobody's really mentioned Hunt; exactly what we need  , v. accurate in his passing, and they're good passes too. Always looking to go forward and was v good at finding people in space
Taylor  - thought he played pretty well, occupied their big central defenders in a real battle
Kiernan - a Hurst type winger, really hard working, but for me he's an average l2 player , bit better than Sousa but wastes too many passes an has generally poor decision making. Be v. interesting to see how Khan is in comparison, but i could easily see Hurst wanting to upgrade in January
Clifton - harry now is just a totally different to the Harry pre Hurst. Where did he learn , not only how to score, but how to finish so coolly and make those runs? It was never in his locker, in fact we despaired of him even learning to pass consistently! He deserves huge credit for developing his skill set so markedly. I can imagine other league 1 teams starting to get interested in him

MOTM? Smith closely follwed by Waterfall

Comments nailed on for me especially about Hunt, Kiernan and Efete..Michee has all the aseets, so should be more confident than he is, but he's still hard to get past defensively, he makes them turn backwards. Thought we were poor first half down both sides going forward and defensively on our left .

We look like a side that's a work in progress that's set up to be hard to beat. I expect it to evolve over the coming weeks with players like McAtee, Green, Morris, Khan and Maher (offering the option of playing a back three) coming back from injury, and it still leaves us options like Wearne and JMD to add a bit of flair when we're even more solid than we are now..

We're a very tough watch but that's more than offset by the number of points we're picking up..

Smith (easily MOM), Crocombe, Waterfall, Hunt and Richardson stand outs yesterday..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 65
RonMariner
September 18, 2022, 12:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
I have to pinch myself sometimes to be sure I am not dreaming.

When we went down I thought we were in for a few years in the NL. As recently as January this year I thought we had no chance of getting out of the NL last season. I couldn't see us beating Chesterfield or Wrexham to promotion. I thought we would then be slugging it out with the likes of Notts, Stockport, Halifax and the rest for a couple of seasons at least.

So here we are less than nine months later having just clocked up a fourth consecutive away win in League two despite our star player being out for months. And some are moaning about whether Taylor is any good, whether we are boring to watch, whether we score enough goals. Ect, ect ect.

Come on folks. Wake up and smell the coffee. We are doing great, much better than we could have expected at the start of the season, and in a totally different place to where we were in January with nothing to look forward to but the prospect of a local derby with the Scunts this season.

Give me boring 1-0 League Two away wins any day.

Come on. Enjoy the ride! It's bloody brilliant.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.