Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 186 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,167 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Lost in Lincoln
September 18, 2022, 12:04pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Colchester are going down arent they. Based on their last few years, the fans seem devoid of hope and interest, purely down to the barebones of the fanbase, one fan abusing hurst all game for whatever reason. Quite a few recognisable football league names in their team but clearly all finished names. I dont think theyll find that lift when they need it this time round. Never wish it on any club apart from scunny, just always seems to be the same story for the clubs that go down

That explains why he was putting his finger to his lips to "shush" someone sat behind the dugouts.  I wondered why at the time.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 65
Lost in Lincoln
September 18, 2022, 12:07pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
We were very average today, but thats all we needed to get the win in the end. Isn't the saying something like a good teams win even when they don't play well.

First half it seemed we were too deep defensively and too narrow and let them cross the ball for fun and up top we were wasteful with our passes, made poor decisions and our movement was static and made Colchester look alot better then they were.

Second half was much improved, we seemed to press a little higher, catching Colchesters strikers a number of times with an intentional offside trap and while our passing didn't greatly improve up top our decision making and movement certainly did. A great goal from Clifton to add a cherry on top, Smith was magnificent (we need to stop allowing Hull to come and watch him somehow), I also thought Holohan had his best game of ther season today.

Yep! Though we've only played well in possibly 2 games so far IMHO.  Northampton and Newport.

Leyton Orient was a bit of an anomily as we were nowhere near ready fitness wise at that point, although they are a good side, as has been proven by their results since.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 65
devs
September 18, 2022, 12:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
On the plus side we are winning (not losing) without being at our most fluent best
Good sign
And the team/squad needs more time to gel - so in theory we should only get better

On down side with only 8 goals scored we still know where the main issue lies and I feel we will need 2/3 goals to win a lot of games against better opposition.
Only 5 conceded is very impressive
But we do turn over possession a lot and I think better teams will punish us

Hunt will help with this as he's such a tidy footballer at this level

We look very strong, fit and athletic with a very strong bench - just need to improve % of better final balls, crosses etc

Then I can see us being serious play off contenders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
forza ivano
September 18, 2022, 12:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from devs
On the plus side we are winning (not losing) without being at our most fluent best
Good sign
And the team/squad needs more time to gel - so in theory we should only get better

On down side with only 8 goals scored we still know where the main issue lies and I feel we will need 2/3 goals to win a lot of games against better opposition.

We look very strong, fit and athletic with a very strong bench - just need to improve % of better final balls, crosses etc

absolutely bang on imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
Poojah
September 18, 2022, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,780
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from devs

In our 8 league games this season only Leyton Orient, who have been comfortably the division’s best side so far this season, have scored two goals against us - a dodgy pen and a once in a career wonderstrike.

I’m pretty confident that we’ll take something from most games we score a goal in this season. Scintillating going forward we may not be, but we are incredibly dogged and solid at the back.

Few teams will want to see us high up their fixture list right now, I suspect.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
Northbank Mariner
September 18, 2022, 1:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Everything OK at home m8?

Yeah, it's not bad ..living with a model, with blow job lips and t!ts to die for ain't a bad life, unlike your sad and lonely existence!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
pontoonlew
September 18, 2022, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,093
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from devs
Good sign

Whenever I’ve seen us we’ve actually been very clinical with our chances, I’m not sure if that’s something to be concerned with or not!

Walsall, Newport, Gillingham and Colchester we’ve put away pretty much the only clear cut chances we had.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
Peeler_Crab
September 18, 2022, 3:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Wiley2405
Anyone know why hursty gave the old finger to the lip to fans behind the dug out? Assume someone was just giving him excrement throughout the game.

Could've been with PH being ex Ipswich Manager - geographically local rivals...

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
friskneymariner
September 18, 2022, 3:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Yeah, it's not bad ..living with a model, with blow job lips and t!ts to die for ain't a bad life, unlike your sad and lonely existence!!

Hope you've got a puncture repair kit.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
DB
September 18, 2022, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 140381
The Bradford game should be a measure of where we are. If we can keep Andy Cook quiet (literally and metaphorically) then we’ll be doing well. Loki g forward to seeing Waterfall up against him.

Who wouldn’t have taken this 18 months ago though? It’s crackers. I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

I seem to recall that a few on here said that of the Newport, if only we could keep Bogle quiet. We did and we won and will do against Bradford.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.