DaleH
October 10, 2022, 6:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from somersetmariner
Perhaps gtfcladies could have their own board on the fishy?
That way Lobsterpot and others can post and share news and opinion on the ladies team with abandon.
A legitimate ‘home’ for them  

Admins ?

No thank you, in my opinion, they deserve full coverage on here just like any other topic being discussed on the list of threads. They are a senior football team within Grimsby Town Football Club.

I see lots of women’s teams having to exist on their own stand alone media channels, instead of on their clubs main official channels. Often run by volunteers because their club isn’t giving them support. Can you imagine how disenfranchised that makes the players and people running those teams feel?

As it is, most of PR being put out there is by a parent of a Town women’s players, on his own Twitter feed. The club needs to get behind the women’s team more and give them the media support they deserve. Having a women’s team is not just a box ticking exercise in the world of equality and diversity.

Admin please don’t segregate any womens team discussion/news on here. That’s really not the right thing to do

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
jamesgtfc
October 10, 2022, 8:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,997
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from somersetmariner
Perhaps gtfcladies could have their own board on the fishy?
That way Lobsterpot and others can post and share news and opinion on the ladies team with abandon.
A legitimate ‘home’ for them  

Admins ?

Keep it here. With a subject line "Women Win" people can actively choose whether or not to open it.

Whilst it's on here, I will read it. Create another forum and I won't remember to look.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
HertsGTFC
October 10, 2022, 8:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,962
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DaleH

No thank you, in my opinion, they deserve full coverage on here just like any other topic being discussed on the list of threads. They are a senior football team within Grimsby Town Football Club.

I see lots of women’s teams having to exist on their own stand alone media channels, instead of on their clubs main official channels. Often run by volunteers because their club isn’t giving them support. Can you imagine how disenfranchised that makes the players and people running those teams feel?

As it is, most of PR being put out there is by a parent of a Town women’s players, on his own Twitter feed. The club needs to get behind the women’s team more and give them the media support they deserve. Having a women’s team is not just a box ticking exercise in the world of equality and diversity.

Admin please don’t segregate any womens team discussion/news on here. That’s really not the right thing to do

I’d agree with Dale in the spirit of inclusion you can’t segregate the ladies side on here and more importantly it should be covered but the Club in a similar manner to the mens side.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
golfer
October 10, 2022, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
I agree all their games should be reported on.Obviously they are not up to the standards of the GTFC men but whenever I have seen them play I have been pleasantly surprised at the skill and enthusiasm shown. They also don't carry on with all the fouling at corners etc. nor diving and laying on the ground screaming that we see regularly in professional football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
aldi_01
October 10, 2022, 8:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m not arsed either way but, if we’re after incision and equity, with the women’s game receiving a fair amount of interest then it needs to stay here. I’d imagine, should they have their own space, it wouldn’t be very active, much like Non Footy, it’s generally the same posters in there because people come here predominantly for football discussion.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
DaleH
October 10, 2022, 8:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
It's really pleasing and encouraging to read the majority of the comments in here in favour of the women's team and the reporting etc.

If the people involved in the women's team today, are anything like they were previously, then I know that they really won't be inclined to wish to be above their station, and certainly would not want to be seen to try and force support for the women's team where there isn't support. Growth in popularity in the women's game, is growing very nicely without the need of it having to be forced or thrust upon people that don't want it. I don't think that it has ever been about that from anyone. But the simple fact remains, if as a club you choose to have a senior competitive women's team and choose that you want to embrace female football, then it deserves covering properly. Not that it needs to be up there alongside the bread and butter business of the men's coverage, which is after all the bit that makes the club sustainable. But it merits some regular coverage for all news relating to the women's team activity, and in respect of all of their games, results and match reports etc.

So very encouraged to read the comments on here in favour of the original posters question.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
GrimRob
October 10, 2022, 9:44am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,428
Gold Stars: 113
The men's team only plays 50 games or so a year. Plenty of room for the women's!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 49
lobsterpot
October 10, 2022, 5:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Hi guys n gals, so what I’ll try to do instead of creating a new thread everytime is trawl down a few pages and add to them after each game or future fixtures. I very much agree with Dale in the fact that certain clubs don’t seem to report on their other teams in defeat which is very wrong. What if a close game ends in a 1-2 defeat but a local lass who we all knew well scored the goal of her life and no one remembered it ever as it was not reported on? I’m afraid town are guilty of this and it’s getting more and more apparent to me that there’s not much love for the womens team within the gtfc media structure. Anyhows that’s out of my hands. I can only tell you what I see on a matchday and yesterday we beat Sleaford 2-1 but we were not very good at all. I suppose if you win when playing poorly it’s only a good thing tho’ . We massively missed Captain Kim Brown and Libby Wright who are both out for a while now after ops. Anyways, Sunday, after a terrible goalkeeping error we trailed in the 1st 5 mins but levelled before half time with Ellie Wilson grabbing the goal. Town are usually so dominant especially when it comes to fitness 2nd half but a scrappy game looked like no more goals until Dani Brighton gambled on yet another goalkeeper error to poke the ball over the line and we stay 100% top of the table.
What’s happened to the midweek girls different age training sessions? These should be advertised every single day but appear to have fallen by the wayside. A friend of mine rang me last week on his way to Hull with his 11 year old daughter for a trial. She currently plays for GY boro. There’s no place for her in any kind of setup at gtfc that I’m aware of. How are we supposed to attract and improve if we can’t get our own in or are we to just ask mid age women to join at the start of each term? Anyways, next game is GY Boro at home in the County Cup this Sunday 16th Oct. Just check nearer the time weather it’s at Brigg Town or Wintringham tho’ as I couldn’t see it reported anywhere officially and the match was switched! UTM

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
It Bites
October 10, 2022, 5:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,229
Gold Stars: 265
How did the u9's get on this week ?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
Les Brechin
October 10, 2022, 6:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from lobsterpot
Hi guys n gals, so what I’ll try to do instead of creating a new thread everytime is trawl down a few pages and add to them after each game or future fixtures. I very much agree with Dale in the fact that certain clubs don’t seem to report on their other teams in defeat which is very wrong. What if a close game ends in a 1-2 defeat but a local lass who we all knew well scored the goal of her life and no one remembered it ever as it was not reported on? I’m afraid town are guilty of this and it’s getting more and more apparent to me that there’s not much love for the womens team within the gtfc media structure. Anyhows that’s out of my hands. I can only tell you what I see on a matchday and yesterday we beat Sleaford 2-1 but we were not very good at all. I suppose if you win when playing poorly it’s only a good thing tho’ . We massively missed Captain Kim Brown and Libby Wright who are both out for a while now after ops. Anyways, Sunday, after a terrible goalkeeping error we trailed in the 1st 5 mins but levelled before half time with Ellie Wilson grabbing the goal. Town are usually so dominant especially when it comes to fitness 2nd half but a scrappy game looked like no more goals until Dani Brighton gambled on yet another goalkeeper error to poke the ball over the line and we stay 100% top of the table.
What’s happened to the midweek girls different age training sessions? These should be advertised every single day but appear to have fallen by the wayside. A friend of mine rang me last week on his way to Hull with his 11 year old daughter for a trial. She currently plays for GY boro. There’s no place for her in any kind of setup at gtfc that I’m aware of. How are we supposed to attract and improve if we can’t get our own in or are we to just ask mid age women to join at the start of each term? Anyways, next game is GY Boro at home in the County Cup this Sunday 16th Oct. Just check nearer the time weather it’s at Brigg Town or Wintringham tho’ as I couldn’t see it reported anywhere officially and the match was switched! UTM

I can make this thread a sticky if you want.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › #GTFCWomen

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.