DaleH
October 10, 2022, 11:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from lobsterpot
Hi guys n gals, so what I’ll try to do instead of creating a new thread everytime is trawl down a few pages and add to them after each game or future fixtures. I very much agree with Dale in the fact that certain clubs don’t seem to report on their other teams in defeat which is very wrong. What if a close game ends in a 1-2 defeat but a local lass who we all knew well scored the goal of her life and no one remembered it ever as it was not reported on? I’m afraid town are guilty of this and it’s getting more and more apparent to me that there’s not much love for the womens team within the gtfc media structure. Anyhows that’s out of my hands. I can only tell you what I see on a matchday and yesterday we beat Sleaford 2-1 but we were not very good at all. I suppose if you win when playing poorly it’s only a good thing tho’ . We massively missed Captain Kim Brown and Libby Wright who are both out for a while now after ops. Anyways, Sunday, after a terrible goalkeeping error we trailed in the 1st 5 mins but levelled before half time with Ellie Wilson grabbing the goal. Town are usually so dominant especially when it comes to fitness 2nd half but a scrappy game looked like no more goals until Dani Brighton gambled on yet another goalkeeper error to poke the ball over the line and we stay 100% top of the table.
What’s happened to the midweek girls different age training sessions? These should be advertised every single day but appear to have fallen by the wayside. A friend of mine rang me last week on his way to Hull with his 11 year old daughter for a trial. She currently plays for GY boro. There’s no place for her in any kind of setup at gtfc that I’m aware of. How are we supposed to attract and improve if we can’t get our own in or are we to just ask mid age women to join at the start of each term? Anyways, next game is GY Boro at home in the County Cup this Sunday 16th Oct. Just check nearer the time weather it’s at Brigg Town or Wintringham tho’ as I couldn’t see it reported anywhere officially and the match was switched! UTM

You’ve nailed it.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
DaleH
October 10, 2022, 11:16pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Trickytrev
Some one is paying attention.

The Sleaford match review has been posted on line at.-  

https://gtfc.co.uk/category/womens/

Great to see.

Great also to see Dani Brighton still doing her stuff. One of my faves. Not just because she’s a decent player, but also because she’s one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
somersetmariner
October 11, 2022, 1:40am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Les Brechin

I can make this thread a sticky if you want.

That’s a great idea !
I agree with Lobsterpot and Dale’s sentiments. it would be great for the ladies team to have a place come rain or shine

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
somersetmariner
October 11, 2022, 7:37am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4

The Ladies Team Profile Page

https://gtfc.co.uk/womens-team/

are there links for fixtures / results also ?

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
lobsterpot
October 12, 2022, 6:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Hopefully this link works. Could admin possibly pin it to the top of this thread to save peeps having to trawl through and find it each week?

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
DaleH
October 22, 2022, 7:36pm
Beer Drinker
Nice to see the Women’s team page back in the Matchday programme today 👏👏👏

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
lobsterpot
November 22, 2022, 5:44am

Table Wine Drinker

Not posted for a while but another victory for our womens team yesterday, 3-1 away at Sleaford in the cup.
Ashley Dejonge x 2 and Emily Blyth.
Still 100% league record also. Would be nice to start getting more support for games. Get the kids down and get some flags up and singing going!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
lobsterpot
March 4, 2023, 12:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
The lasses are at wintringham on Sunday VS Worksop 2pm KO and currently top of the league

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
lobsterpot
March 4, 2023, 9:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Scrap that. Games off cos other team can’t field a team. Absolute joke as usual.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › #GTFCWomen

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.