ska face
October 16, 2022, 8:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,782
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from FPVmariner

You had the opportunity to buy a season ticket……..but that wouldn’t have wsuited your purpose to moan about anything and everything would it.

How would me having a season ticket stop the club forcing fans to buy restricted views tickets? I’m sat in the middle of the Pontoon mate, I don’t follow your logic.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
Phil the cod
October 16, 2022, 6:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
It's the £5 for a sausage roll that's the real issue here.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
HertsGTFC
October 16, 2022, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,000
Gold Stars: 228
When I opened this thread I thought it would be a thread about the game rather than the new found obsession.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
wiggers
October 17, 2022, 7:26am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +475
Gold Stars: 11
They’re best player Andy Cook against our best player Luke Waterfall. Clash of the Titans!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
ginnywings
October 17, 2022, 8:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
It'll be a good test of where we are at. We have very similar stats to them, and they have won their last four away games.

Difference being that Cook has scored 60% of their goals, so keep him quiet and you're halfway there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 76
ska face
October 17, 2022, 10:11am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,782
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from ska face
Only 5 singles & 32 restricted views left in the Main. The two blocks in the Osmond were taken off sale nearly a week & half back and haven’t been opened since, so again people are being forced into poor seats while decent ones are sat empty. Surely they’ll have to be opened up Monday?

As if by magic, Block A now online again. Good to see.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
Poojah
October 17, 2022, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,780
Gold Stars: 1,515
Really looking forward to this one. A sellout crowd, the biggest gate of the season so far and the kind of occasion being back in the league is all about. Bradford have always been good value for making a bit of noise here in the past.

We’re just over a quarter of the way through the season and the table is beginning to have a degree of structure about it. Just 4 points separates 5th from 12th, the same total that separates 12th from 13th. We’re now 5 points and a vastly superior goal difference clear off the bottom half, so I think it’s clear which end of the table we intend to be at; for me Saturday is a test of just how far we can realistically go.

A win would take us above Bradford, who recruited impressively (and expensively) in the summer with the likes of Richie Smallwood and Vadaine Oliver, though admittedly Oliver has been outshone by a certain Andy Cook who is the league’s second top scorer so far.

I always liked Cookie, who somehow looks fitter at 31 than he did at 21. I’ll like him even more if he behaves himself on Saturday…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 76
diehardmariner
October 17, 2022, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from ska face

I’ll give it a rest now.

No, don't.

It's a persistent issue that needs addressing.

It shouldn't matter if your a ST holder or not, where you sit or even if you're going to that game.  This is a massive area of improvement that the club need to be looking at as a priority.  I'm sorry if some people find it boring or repetitive, but it simply isn't good enough that the painfully poor seats are sold before the decent view seats are offered up.  Or this random approach that happens from game to game with seats in the corner on sale, but only via telephone.  Surely it's all via one ticketing system?

I've got my seat, the same seat I've had for 30+ years.  I'm alright, Jack.  But I want to see this club grow and I want to see more and more fans coming in through the gates and returning for years to come.  Ignoring this issue isn't going to help that.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
queenybantam07
October 17, 2022, 10:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Looking forward to this one, I’m just gutted that I couldn’t secure a ticket.

The allocations in this league are farcical. We’ve sold out every away game this season, bar Tranmere and Colchester on Tues nights, and the away average currently sits just under a 1,000. Which highlights my point regarding allocations as a whole.

Anyway, the match. Cook notched his 13th goal of the season at the weekend. Although he reaps the awards and headlines, the team as a whole have done very well so far - barring last weekends awful display at home to County.

We’ve won our last 4 away games - a record we haven’t achieved since winning League One in 1985. If we can keep this form going beyond next Saturday, it’ll be mightily impressive.

Gilliead missed the weekend due to the birth of his son. It’ll be harsh on Ryan East, but I think he’ll have to make way for Gilliead’s return.

GK: Harry Lewis

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Matt Platt
CB: Romoney Critchlow
LB: Matty Foulds

CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Gilliead

RW: Dion Pereira
CAM: Harry Chapman
LW: Tyreik Wright

ST: Andy Cook

We’re still missing Jamie Walker, Abo Eisa, Manny Osadebe, Scott Banks and Liam Ridehalgh.

Predict a close encounter: 1-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 76
Theimperialcoroner
October 17, 2022, 10:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from queenybantam07
Looking forward to this one, I’m just gutted that I couldn’t secure a ticket.

The allocations in this league are farcical. We’ve sold out every away game this season, bar Tranmere and Colchester on Tues nights, and the away average currently sits just under a 1,000. Which highlights my point regarding allocations as a whole.

Anyway, the match. Cook notched his 13th goal of the season at the weekend. Although he reaps the awards and headlines, the team as a whole have done very well so far - barring last weekends awful display at home to County.

We’ve won our last 4 away games - a record we haven’t achieved since winning League One in 1985. If we can keep this form going beyond next Saturday, it’ll be mightily impressive.

Gilliead missed the weekend due to the birth of his son. It’ll be harsh on Ryan East, but I think he’ll have to make way for Gilliead’s return.

GK: Harry Lewis

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Matt Platt
CB: Romoney Critchlow
LB: Matty Foulds

CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Gilliead

RW: Dion Pereira
CAM: Harry Chapman
LW: Tyreik Wright

ST: Andy Cook

We’re still missing Jamie Walker, Abo Eisa, Manny Osadebe, Scott Banks and Liam Ridehalgh.

Predict a close encounter: 1-1

It’s good to see Cook doing well, I always thought he was decent but lacked a bit of application/common sense.
This’ll be a big test for us, we are as good as anyone in this league on our day but lack a bit of consistency at home to really push forward just yet. You’re lucky McAtee is still not fit as I think we’ll really find our groove then.
Will be good to see Blundell Park full. Hope you get hammered of course.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's talk about the Bradford game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.