Mariner_09
October 18, 2022, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Poojah

I’d like to think marginally higher or at least in line with the Forest game, with that being on a Tuesday night bang in the middle of holiday season.

Agree re: atmosphere, it’s been flat at times to the point that Hurst has commented on it. I do though think that it’s easier to generate an atmosphere when there’s a noisy away end, which Bradford should bring, so fingers crossed that helps too.

We’re entering a potentially defining stage of the season; Saturday is a great opportunity to couple a solid home performance with a win, and finally but those questions to bed.

Bradford can’t win 5 on the bounce away from home; can they?

It was a total sell out for Forest. I'd be surprised if we got above 8,000 on Saturday but I've been wrong before.

We could do with a statement victory, beating a fancied side who've won the last four away games would be just that.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
out of town
October 18, 2022, 11:52am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
I’m selling my ticket in the Pontoon for £15 if anyones interested?

Gutted to be missing this one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
chipsandgravy
October 18, 2022, 11:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Were a quarter of the way through the season and we lie 10th and in spitting distance of the playoffs so a pretty decent start. The next quarter could have a major impact on our season looking at some of the games starting Saturday. For the first time in ages we have decent strength in depth and in the short term Morris to return and longer MCatee and Scannel so who knows how far we can go. Like I say the next couple of months will be interesting but one thing I know this team has boll@cks by the bucket load - which we will undoubtly need.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 76
Poojah
October 18, 2022, 12:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Mariner_09

It was a total sell out for Forest. I'd be surprised if we got above 8,000 on Saturday but I've been wrong before.

We could do with a statement victory, beating a fancied side who've won the last four away games would be just that.

I think Saturday will be a sellout. Virtually just the one block in the Osmond to go and I suspect people are waiting for that to open so they can buy seats together.

I’d be surprised if it isn’t a sellout. Which is mad really; I just looked up the attendance from our Championship days when Benito Carbone scored a 30 yard free-kick to secure a 1-0 win for Nicky Law’s Bradford. 5,054, which presumably included around 2,000 Bradford fans who would have had the full Osmond (and possibly the green seats too).

These are really great times to be following Town after some pretty appalling ones, to be fair. I have to remind myself to take stock of that and cherish these moments.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 76
Mariner_09
October 18, 2022, 12:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Poojah

I think Saturday will be a sellout. Virtually just the one block in the Osmond to go and I suspect people are waiting for that to open so they can buy seats together.

I’d be surprised if it isn’t a sellout. Which is mad really; I just looked up the attendance from our Championship days when Benito Carbone scored a 30 yard free-kick to secure a 1-0 win for Nicky Law’s Bradford. 5,054, which presumably included around 2,000 Bradford fans who would have had the full Osmond (and possibly the green seats too).

These are really great times to be following Town after some pretty appalling ones, to be fair. I have to remind myself to take stock of that and cherish these moments.

But Forest was a Cup game, so all non sold ST went on the open market. No shows were therefore not an issue. Here we will likely have 400-800 ST no shows.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
Poojah
October 18, 2022, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

But Forest was a Cup game, so all non sold ST went on the open market. No shows were therefore not an issue. Here we will likely have 400-800 ST no shows.

Yeah, valid point. To be fair I bought a ticket for the Forest game but ended up not being able to go last minute; sure there will have been a few in that boat but agreed, less than Saturday.

Either way, we’ve come a long way in a short space of time. Found the video of the 2002 game I mentioned above; the ground looks deserted in places.

Oh, and Carbone’s free kick was not an inch further than 19 yards; funny what the memory does. I also had no recollection whatsoever of Bob Taylor’s bizarre sending off.

https://youtu.be/qzQomPglXUA

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 76
Corkyefes
October 18, 2022, 1:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
Really looking forward to Saturday, which will be our toughest game up to now this season.

Bradford are bound to make some noise and hopefully our fans can replicate it, as in all honesty the atmosphere at BP isn't always the best.

This game will show us where we really are.

Heart says we win, but head says I'd be happy with a draw.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
Maringer
October 18, 2022, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Oddly enough, I didn't remember the free-kick at all, but clearly remembered the bizarre red card. He kicked the air in frustration (their nearest player didn't know anything about it) but the referee somehow saw it as a sending off.

Robert Taylor, another striker who came, did nowt and quickly left. I've seen a lot of those over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 76
Poojah
October 18, 2022, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Corkyefes
Really looking forward to Saturday, which will be our toughest game up to now this season.

Bradford are bound to make some noise and hopefully our fans can replicate it, as in all honesty the atmosphere at BP isn't always the best.

This game will show us where we really are.

Heart says we win, but head says I'd be happy with a draw.

Going into the Stockport game I was of the opinion 4 points from that game and Bradford would be a cracking result. It’s easy to get greedy having already got the first 3 on the board, but on the face of it a draw on Saturday wouldn’t be a bad result at all.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
Poojah
October 18, 2022, 1:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Block B now open, for those still looking to buy a ticket.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's talk about the Bradford game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.