10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
November 19, 2022, 10:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
Our system depends on a target man who can hold the ball up, so it would've been great to have signed Manny D in the summer. He'd have been an ideal replacement for the injured Taylor in these circumstances.

I doubt he'd have been a big earner but I do remember him saying he didn't want to be a back-up this season, which is fair enough. Pity we couldn't have made it work. Think he could've been a real handful at this level, against the type of opposition we came up against today.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 50 - 97
November 19, 2022, 10:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from The Yard Dog
The game was effected by the officials being not able to officiate the game, every time a Stevenage went down the ref gave a foul, yet allowed the Stevenage players push over our players and still no foul given (the push inside the penalty box, and 5 secs later actually shoved Clifton over yards from the lino). On the replay it looked that Etefe was pulled inside the penalty box in the second half, ref was giving those decisions to Stevenage all game.

It’s easy to criticise the officials, I’ve always thought it was an excuse. Put away your chances and the officials are irrelevant.

Not today though. They were as much use as a marzipan dildo.
Reply: 51 - 97
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2022, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 140381

It’s easy to criticise the officials, I’ve always thought it was an excuse. Put away your chances and the officials are irrelevant.

Not today though. They were as much use as a marzipan dildo.

Marzipan is getting a bad deal here.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 97
lee65
November 19, 2022, 10:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Re Efete, the mix up with Crocombe wasn’t his fault in my opinion, there was an attacker buzzing around and the ball was spinning and bouncing awkwardly, Max had to come and claim it and just snuff the situation out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 97
lee65
November 19, 2022, 10:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Efete had a perfectly decent game. Confidence looks to be increasing and he got forward, supported well and put a couple of decent balls in. Definitely the case that some have written him off and jump on his every mistake however minor.

Separately, does anyone know what was going on in the Pontoon second half and then outside after full time? Few 'punches' and a bit of a scuffle between a number of town supporting 'yoofs' was how it seemed. Not sure what the reason was other than to look cool and hard which obviously they achieved with aplomb.

As I walked close by the Under 15’s / Stone Island “handbags” incident (near MD’s entrance) I heard them shouting about someone being spat on in the Ponny
Just a load of embarrassing posturing and slapping, pathetic really and gives us a bad name  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 97
GollyGTFC
November 19, 2022, 10:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from lee65

As I walked close by the Under 15’s / Stone Island “handbags” incident (near MD’s entrance) I heard them shouting about someone being spat on in the Ponny
Just a load of embarrassing posturing and slapping, pathetic really and gives us a bad name  

[tweet]1594014035002941441[/tweet]

[tweet]1594016659890585605[/tweet]

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 97
Norseman
November 19, 2022, 11:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Chrisblor
Efete was hesitant going forward, he always holds the ball up instead of playing crosses in behind defenders. Defensively today, this is what he was doing before we conceded:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Tb1gWzq.png[/img]

Now, I don't think he's rubbish and he'd still be my first choice right-back, but there were aspects of his performance today that deserved criticism (such as falling on his bottom in his own penalty area immediately before the player he was marking assisted their goal) and I find it strange how defensive some people get about him.

I'm not a fan of Efete .But he has picked up a little and was excellent in the Plymouth game .But he slipped and that happens to top class players .Remember slippy gerrard. Not his fault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 97
TAGG
November 19, 2022, 11:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

No witch hunt - an opinion from a season ticket holder who thinks he has been defensively poor all season so far and his passing, crossing from an attacking point has also been poor.

Even his 5 yard balls were too short today and caused others to have to dive in or lost possession.

Funny how supporters see games and players differently as I would say, other than his dodgy bad pass which cost us a goal, I think his defensive performances are fine. However, going forward he does at times appear to lack confidence and he looks like he is in two minds as to what to do with the ball hence his delay in crossing it early on and then fluffing his pass to McAtee. He is certainly not helped by the immediate crowd reaction which is very negative towards him.

As for the game think we more than deserved a draw but agree with Crofty’s pre-match comments that Hursty appears to be struggling to determine his best eleven and formation. Judging by Maher’s comfort on the ball today wouldn’t mind see him have a few games as the defensive midfield player but in reality what we need in there is a player who can control the game and drive us forward. McAtee did his best but the much discussed need for a front target man was yet again obvious but if his penalty or Khan’s great first half effort had found the net maybe we all forget about the starting eleven and formation and instead applaud the depth of our squad which just demonstrates all that really matters is getting the three points and we really need to do that more often at home.[/quote]

What about when he was in a great position down the right, stopped the ball, and never had a clue what to do and they ended up with a goal kick.
Hes bean shot all season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 97
LH
November 20, 2022, 12:04am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,599
Gold Stars: 177
Efete is low on confidence as it is but people are digging him out for slipping. Really? Crocombe slipped kicking at least twice - why is there nothing about that?
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 97
supertown
November 20, 2022, 12:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from LH
Efete is low on confidence as it is but people are digging him out for slipping. Really? Crocombe slipped kicking at least twice - why is there nothing about that?

Because it didn’t result In a goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.