The Yard Dog
November 24, 2022, 9:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from chaos33

I’d say that is a very stingy assessment. We were ‘Lucky more than good’ last season? Really disagree. We were super strong when it really counted. You think we’ll need McAtee to ‘do a Bogle’ to steer clear of danger?
We’ve done pretty well without him thus far and I don’t think anyone thinks we are at risk of struggling. Could it be that the likes of you, with your loyalties, have an axe to grind, which stops you being objective?

Well we are going to have to find a replacement for McAtee sooner than we think, from what I have heard, gone in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
ginnywings
November 24, 2022, 10:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Well we are going to have to find a replacement for McAtee sooner than we think, from what I have heard, gone in January.

Didn't PH in a recent interview say we have him for the season, and he can't be recalled?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
GhostDan
November 24, 2022, 10:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from The Yard Dog

intercourse me. On at least 4 different occasions either the club or PH  has said McAtee cannot be recalled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
The Yard Dog
November 24, 2022, 10:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from ginnywings

Didn't PH in a recent interview say we have him for the season, and he can't be recalled?

Included in the six-figure deal to bring McAtee to Kenilworth Road was a loan back to Blundell Park for the 2022-23 League Two season for the 23-year-old, and after spending months on the sidelines with a shoulder injury, he came back to action against Doncaster Rovers on November 12.

Luton have invested in him for a reason, so whether it’s in the 2023-24 campaign or if they utilise a mid-season recall, McAtee should have a part to play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
ska face
November 24, 2022, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Included in the six-figure deal to bring McAtee to Kenilworth Road was a loan back to Blundell Park for the 2022-23 League Two season for the 23-year-old, and after spending months on the sidelines with a shoulder injury, he came back to action against Doncaster Rovers on November 12.

Luton have invested in him for a reason, so whether it’s in the 2023-24 campaign or if they utilise a mid-season recall, McAtee should have a part to play.

Who might have a better understanding of the situation - Hurst or 25-year-old UCLAN graduate Ben Wignall of “footballleagueworld.co.uk”?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2022, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face

Who might have a better understanding of the situation - Hurst or 25-year-old UCLAN graduate Ben Wignall of “footballleagueworld.co.uk”?

Depends how cynical you are 🤔
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
jamesgtfc
November 24, 2022, 10:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I know Hurst often pulls a fast one in his pre-match interviews but he's said that he can't be recalled and I don't think that is something he would lie about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
denni266
November 24, 2022, 10:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chaos33

I’m sat here just poised for misfortune….then I can strike!
What a miserable and pointless life you lead.

Quite the opposite , i just live in the real world ,, Sorry that the old lumbago is making you misserable and snappy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
pen penfras
November 25, 2022, 12:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from chaos33

I’d say that is a very stingy assessment. We were ‘Lucky more than good’ last season? Really disagree. We were super strong when it really counted. You think we’ll need McAtee to ‘do a Bogle’ to steer clear of danger?
We’ve done pretty well without him thus far and I don’t think anyone thinks we are at risk of struggling. Could it be that the likes of you, with your loyalties, have an axe to grind, which stops you being objective?

We finished 6th in the league, an absolute mile away from Wrexham and Stockport. We had a 2nd penalty not given to Notts County that was no different to the first, Wrexham could have had more decisions although they also got lucky with some too, and we won all the games with last ditch goals. If that's not lucky, then I don't know what is.

I said to stay well clear of danger, we're already heading down that way. I've said many times that I think we'll be safe, but without somebody pulling goals out of thin air, we're going to be closer to relegation than the playoffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
GYinScuntland
November 25, 2022, 12:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from lukeo
I would say our squad is as good as it was last time, better? Maybe not. But you can't ask a question without any facts. Still forgetting the other people away from the footballing side..
Last time we went up we was expecting/ expected to go up and was more equipped and ready for it. This time it was our first season and in transition and didn't expect promotion.
This is just one of the things you need to consider

That sounds weird and makes no sense at all, I could probably understand if you said that you can't answer a question without facts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A question

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.