11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
December 26, 2022, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,996
Gold Stars: 228
A couple of times this season I’ve had seats/stood really close to the pitch and it always feels like our taking and communication on the pitch feels pretty quiet, sometimes it looks like that with some of our casual approach to situations where we need to keep the ball.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 100
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from psgmariner
My only observation of watching online having binge watched the World Cup is that league 2 is like a different sport to international football! Forgotten how bad it was. Exciting enough game and we have probably done enough to stay up already but other than the fa cup there isn’t much to look forward to this season. Always next year….

I’m left wondering whether the large number of season ticket sales has actually been a good thing or a bad thing. Seems that many thought that increased sales = increased expectations whereas, in reality, it’s reduced the club’s ability to sell match tickets and, given the “free games “ that STs get, it might play out better financially if a bit of capacity becomes available.

That’s only a thought as to why the club’s hierarchy seem so ambivalent to a fairly shocking run of league form.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 100
moosey_club
December 26, 2022, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,299
Gold Stars: 226
Back... back now....bloody frustrating hearing Hurst post match saying three defensive mistakes cost us....while also saying they were on top but not really threatening us so he didn't make a change.
Gifting up yards of pitch and having zero ball retention up the other end only leads to concerted pressure...which inevitably leads to mistakes.
A real lack of on ball quality cost us so many opportunities and wasted possession so often.

In game management , by both sides, was a major factor today.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 100
Chrisblor
December 26, 2022, 7:47pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Why are so many players knackered after 70 minutes. We've not played a competitive fixture for two weeks, we've got a fitness coach, we don't exactly play a super intensive energy sapping high press. We cannot accept tired players as an excuse (especially when we've two more league fixtures in the next six days)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 100
lukeo
December 26, 2022, 7:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Hagrid
As you say errors for all 3 goals. Gifting a excrement team 3 points and not for the first time this season.

Khan & Mcatee were ineffective were near enough all that 2nd half yet stayed on the pitch, no idea why we didnt use our bench. Question needs asking by Tondeur but im sure he’ll duck out of it.

Just so effing frustrating, i was drunk off enough at only getting a point, to get 0 is unacceptable

Get smith back in the heart of defence  

This. I won't add anymore as I want to try stay positive and look forward to coming up to Grimsby tomorrow and taking in the Salford game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 100
lukeo
December 26, 2022, 7:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Surely, at 2-1, you use one of your subs and put on someone who keeps the ball better than Khan or McAtee?

Amended for you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 100
lew chaterleys lover
December 26, 2022, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
You can now change half the outfield players which should be a major factor to keep energy levels up throughout the game, but we don't seem to be remotely interested in making use of the new rules.

You should be able to make changes like for like with a squad like ours where the players vying for places are of similar ability. Hurst would say there are also risks, but in the dead of winter on heavier pitches it might be a strategy.

I much prefer keeping a settled side but use the subs wisely.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 100
ska face
December 26, 2022, 8:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m left wondering whether the large number of season ticket sales has actually been a good thing or a bad thing. Seems that many thought that increased sales = increased expectations whereas, in reality, it’s reduced the club’s ability to sell match tickets and, given the “free games “ that STs get, it might play out better financially if a bit of capacity becomes available.

That’s only a thought as to why the club’s hierarchy seem so ambivalent to a fairly shocking run of league form.

It’s possible to criticise the team and manager for being objectively shít without having to resort to the mental gymnastics required to claim that selling almost 6000 season tickets is, in fact, a bad thing.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 100
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from lukeo

Amended for you

I’ll have my own opinion thanks. Hartlepool decided Holohan wasn’t right for this level a year ago and I’m inclined to agree. He seems to be one of Hurst’s favourites who gets a start regardless of form.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 100
Simon
December 26, 2022, 8:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
What has Hunt done to not get a run in the team?

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.