Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 153 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,342 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
December 29, 2022, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
You will not see a worse defensive performance. Back 5 were insanely bad. Could barely believe what i was seeing. Smith Crocombe Holohan all culpable for mistakes leading to goals. Horrific

We look shot to pieces in terms of confidence, i felt for Efete in the 2nd half as it almost felt like the crowd couldnt wait to get on his back and he was no worse than any of the others.

Mcatee ineffective again, I dont say what Green brings, he tackles, so what? Morris cant pass, Hunt should have been on, can see why Orsi hasnt played, he looked like a competition winner.

Khan only one to come out with any credit and nice to see Scannell

Very concerned, Our summer recruitment looking at it now looks poor, I’ve always been Hurst in, but ive not see one of his sides look as shambolic and gutless as we did tonight. We were embarrassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 104
TAGG
December 29, 2022, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
I don't like to question PH but he doesn't seem to know how to get the best from his team at the moment or what his best 11 is without Taylor in the side.
He does make some bizarre substations or is that just me being picky.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 104
Mariner93er
December 29, 2022, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
The easiest game they'll have this season. They didn't have to work for their goals, we just gifted them through terrible decisions and mistakes.

It's a big worry how bad we've been defensively of late considering that's usually the strength of a Paul Hurst team. Questions have to be raised at this point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 104
GhostDan
December 29, 2022, 10:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Across tonight and Harrogate the amount of individual errors is truly impressive.  I’m not saying PH is blameless, his substitutions drive me insane and some of the team selections baffle me but you can’t account for how comical our defending has been the last 2 games.

Again, I wouldn’t usually criticise players but Efete needs taking out the side for his own good, I don’t remember many worse individual displays than that tonight.

The one thing I do hold PH accountable for is how devoid of quality the squad is and that quickly needs addressing in January. The only positive is that in this league, I don’t think your more than 2/3 really decent players away from being a successful side, so let’s hope he finds them.

Totally agree with Lew above about tools provided to PH, there’s no excuses now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 104
Ashby mariner
December 29, 2022, 10:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Awful display. My lad wanted to go at half time and I'm glad I did. Fair play to Smith I said to my mate we will need to defend well to stop him which we didn't. I remember him scoring 4 at Elland Road in the payoffs for Millwall. I can see us playing 5 at the back again against Stockport. Paul can't afford anther shambolic performance again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 104
pontoonlew
December 29, 2022, 10:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from GtfcGarner
A lot of managers have gone for a lot less… He tried to build an industrious team but we don’t have enough quality. Efete final nail in the coffin for me today I don’t see how he can play another game absolutely shocking. Orsi looked like he won a competition to play a football match. Our home record is truly truly shocking

Harsh on Orsi IMO, I felt he had a good first half and it wasn’t his fault his defence fell to excrement in 10 mins. Linked up well 3-4 times with McAtee and did very well for the goal.

Poor second half mind you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 104
Rodley Mariner
December 29, 2022, 10:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I thought Orsi did alright first half. People talking about a lack of creativity but for me that has been way down the list of problems in the last two games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 104
golfer
December 29, 2022, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Can we get some of those illegal immigrants housed at Blundell Park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 104
MuddyWaters
December 29, 2022, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew

Harsh on Orsi IMO, I felt he had a good first half and it wasn’t his fault his defence fell to excrement in 10 mins. Linked up well 3-4 times with McAtee and did very well for the goal.

Poor second half mind you.

Seriously? He looks like he’s won the raffle for a shirt and the manager mistook him for a footballer.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 104
dapperz fun pub
December 29, 2022, 10:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Awful display. My lad wanted to go at half time and I'm glad I did. Fair play to Smith I said to my mate we will need to defend well to stop him which we didn't. I remember him scoring 4 at Elland Road in the payoffs for Millwall. I can see us playing 5 at the back again against Stockport. Paul can't afford anther shambolic performance again.

Gary Croft had a pop at fans leaving early tonight , perhaps if he’d have paid for a ticket he would have felt the same way as you and your lad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.