Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 134 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,341 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
December 29, 2022, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Seriously? He looks like he’s won the raffle for a shirt and the manager mistook him for a footballer.

I’ve no doubt he had a bad second half but first half he had some decent moments. He’s still not what we need but competition winner is harsh based on the first half alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 104
GYinScuntland
December 29, 2022, 10:18pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Ex managers are like ex girlfriends.
You split for a reason and shouldn't go back.
The odd blow job might work but a full on relationship always leads to heartbreak.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 104
Ashby mariner
December 29, 2022, 10:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Gary Croft had a pop at fans leaving early tonight , perhaps if he’d have paid for a ticket he would have felt the same way as you and your lad

True. Plus the fact we had been mounting biking in  the peak district all day and rushed back to get to Blundell Park had something to do with leaving early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 104
mariner tommy
December 29, 2022, 10:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
There isn’t a ground in the country where fans won’t leave early if you’re 1-4 down, I left at 80 minutes.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 104
NorthLondonMariner
December 29, 2022, 10:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
I've seriously not seen us play that badly since our last stint in league 2. We looked like relegation cannon fodder tonight. We either push the boat out in January or at best our seasons over. Carry on like we did tonight and we will be in a relegation battle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 104
Hagrid
December 29, 2022, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’ve no doubt he had a bad second half but first half he had some decent moments. He’s still not what we need but competition winner is harsh based on the first half alone.

He was Crap. Absolute crap. And its obvious why he hasnt had more minutes. But having 20 strikers wouldnt help us atm, our defending has gone from one extreme to the other
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 104
barralad
December 29, 2022, 10:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Looking at the opening comments on the match thread there weren't many dissenters with regard to the starting eleven. I get that people don't like Hurst but it is stretching the boundaries to blame him for that first half defensive performance. Smith looked like someone who'd never set foot on a Football League pitch rather than the player who's calm unflustered play was a significant feature of our early season performances.
Anyone know whether Clifton was struggling or just poor. We missed his effort in that second half.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 104
Badger57
December 29, 2022, 10:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
Absolute dog excrement "performance." Worst I've seen for a long.. ish time.
Can't wait for Hurst to defend that crap.
Totally outclassed on every square inch of the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 104
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 29, 2022, 10:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,770
Gold Stars: 81
A few of us expressed concern over the quality of our summer signings a few weeks back and whilst it wasn’t popular with the majority unfortunately our concerns are proving more accurate than even we imagined. In reality is there one summer signing that you think is better than average at this or even Conference level?

I said the other day we have a team of professionals where the emphasis has been placed on their athleticism rather than their football ability hence JMD hardly ever getting a run in. Most of our signings just aren’t good enough for L2 and there is only one person to blame for the recruitment and the total failure to secure an acceptable alternative to Taylor.

Could be a long and miserable winter and when we came back I never, ever envisioned we would end up in another relegation battle but that’s where we are heading unless some new arrivals come in and come in quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 104
DB
December 29, 2022, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
In 2 games we let in 7 goals, all of which could have been avoided if our defence had been on their game. Sadly they weren't, ably assisted by the midfield. 1 off's you can accept but inconsistency at the back is unacceptable.

We shout out for a striker but vacancies exist all over the pitch, even Harry had to be subbed! January is now vital to get the season on track, both on the field and in recruitment.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.