WesternMariner
February 2, 2023, 8:37pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Asked completely without prejudice, but theoretically, would you have him play for town?
It’s not equitable to the Ched Evans thing either as he was convicted.

Ched Evans has his conviction quashed by the Court of Appeal and I believe that the CPS didn’t seek a retrial. I’m not aware of any ‘evidence’ against him like that in the public domain about Greenwood. As far as I’m concerned Evans is as innocent as any of us. I’d have Evans in our side in a millisecond. Greenwood on the other hand I wouldn’t touch with a shitty stick - remember the incident involving Foden when he was away with England and then his arrest. He’s too arrogant for my liking.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
Poojah
February 2, 2023, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,776
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from psgmariner

Hope you boycotted whilst Terrell Forbes and Clayton McDonald were with us otherwise that would be a bit awkward.

To be clear I think he’s scum but we all seem to forget our moral indignation when it suits.

That’s just whataboutery.

Clayton McDonald wasn’t found to do a great deal wrong, if memory serves. He was acquitted at the original trial, the court having deemed he had consensual sex girl in question.

Forbes was an interesting one, in so much that he was found not guilty of rape but did admit to having sex with the girl in question, who was aged 15 at the time (Forbes having been 21). Am I comfortable with that? No. However, I would only have been in my teens myself at the time of that case, wasn’t yet a father, and was busy doing stuff other than following the details of a trial involving a player we had on loan.

I didn’t like what I saw and heard Greenwood doing, and I wouldn’t want him at the club. It’s no more complicated than that.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
aldi_01
February 2, 2023, 9:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’d go as far to say that this is a classic case of domestic violence and suspect Greenwood will be back to his tricks already, no doubt having his collar felt by PC Dibble in the not too distant future…

Victim feels foolish and talking herself in to thinking she’s in the wrong, only to return to the nightmare…

Her fathers outburst in support of Greenwood was gross at thr time too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
dapperz fun pub
February 2, 2023, 9:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
The girlfriend decided she would prefer the lavish lifestyle a Man Utd wag would bring her. Her evidence in the court room was vital she’s clearly told them she won’t comply hence the cps not wanting to waste money on a sham trial. Money makes the world go round like it or not and he’s not the first high profiler to run free when he’s quite clearly guilty as fook , that voice note was pretty damming.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
Hagrid
February 2, 2023, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,491
Gold Stars: 537
He never would but the day Greenwood appeared in a town shirt is the day my support for the club would end.

I’m not a father yet, but if any man spoke to my daughter the way MG did in the voicenotes, i’d not hold back until he was punished in every possible way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
Theimperialcoroner
February 2, 2023, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from psgmariner

Hope you boycotted whilst Terrell Forbes and Clayton McDonald were with us otherwise that would be a bit awkward.

To be clear I think he’s scum but we all seem to forget our moral indignation when it suits.

This is pretty much why I asked the question.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
Maringer
February 2, 2023, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
The girlfriend decided she would prefer the lavish lifestyle a Man Utd wag would bring her. Her evidence in the court room was vital she’s clearly told them she won’t comply hence the cps not wanting to waste money on a sham trial. Money makes the world go round like it or not and he’s not the first high profiler to run free when he’s quite clearly guilty as fook , that voice note was pretty damming.  

Or perhaps she's just scared of him and what he might do if she gives evidence/leaves him? Let's not victim-shame this girl when we don't know the context.

I wasn't interested in listening to the recording or viewing any images when this first came to light, but there's little doubt from what I've read that he's an evil little fornicator. Wouldn't put much past him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
dapperz fun pub
February 2, 2023, 10:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Maringer

Or perhaps she's just scared of him and what he might do if she gives evidence/leaves him? Let's not victim-shame this girl when we don't know the context.

I wasn't interested in listening to the recording or viewing any images when this first came to light, but there's little doubt from what I've read that he's an evil little fornicator. Wouldn't put much past him.

He’s a little scroat from Bradford not Sicily I’d wager it’s all about the money like it normally is. She released enough evidence for a conviction of some sort but with out her backing it up it’s not worth shitt and that coupled with what her father said again it all just points to money.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
Maringer
February 2, 2023, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
So, perhaps she's scared of her father as well as her partner? Abused people often end up in abusive relationships.

As I've seen within my own extended family (in-laws) in recent years, coercive control is something which occurs behind closed doors even to the nicest, kindest people you could ever hope to meet. You don't need to be a mafioso to be an evil fornicator and your blase assumption that this girl just in it for the money is pretty appalling, in my view.

Hopefully, she'll get out of it intact in due course, whether with money or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Kris2
February 2, 2023, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings

Aye, getting paid to sit on your arris, free tokens for the cafe for lunch and free bus travel.

I'd do it for a living.

That was my take on the whole thing. The case itself was fascinating but the majority of time was spent sitting quietly while proceedings stop every 30 seconds to discuss a point of law. Also funny wigs. .
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mason Greenwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.