dapperz fun pub
February 3, 2023, 8:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Maringer
So, perhaps she's scared of her father as well as her partner? Abused people often end up in abusive relationships.

As I've seen within my own extended family (in-laws) in recent years, coercive control is something which occurs behind closed doors even to the nicest, kindest people you could ever hope to meet. You don't need to be a mafioso to be an evil fornicator and your blase assumption that this girl just in it for the money is pretty appalling, in my view.

Hopefully, she'll get out of it intact in due course, whether with money or not.

Perhaps she’s scared of the thought of having to work for a living , now I do agree with some of things you’ve said but in this case I personally think it’s simply money.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
Maringer
February 3, 2023, 8:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
"I agree with some of the things you say, but I'm going to continue to victim-shame this girl without knowing any of the actual details of what has happened".

Interesting approach.

Oh well, hopefully Greenwood will get his comeuppance at some point, or at least learn not to be such a terrible excuse for a human being.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Jarmo.Is.God
February 3, 2023, 8:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
He's done it more than once, and he will do it again.... Anyone that want's him to play are accepting what he's done... strange
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2023, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
People have been saying how we will lose 3000 STHs in the summer on the transfer thread, signing him would be a sure way of doing that. Absolutely no way would I condone him rocking up here. Legally innocent but most of the nation has heard the tapes and we have all made our own minds up.

I don't think he plays for an English team again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
OddShapedBalls
February 3, 2023, 9:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Regardless of the charges being dropped, I can;t see any sponsors wanting to be associated with him in the UK - look at the Paddy Jackson furore when he signed for London Irish they lost their 3 biggest sponsors overnight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 3, 2023, 9:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from jamesgtfc
People have been saying how we will lose 3000 STHs in the summer on the transfer thread, signing him would be a sure way of doing that. Absolutely no way would I condone him rocking up here. Legally innocent but most of the nation has heard the tapes and we have all made our own minds up.

I don't think he plays for an English team again.

I suspect he’ll ‘rehabilitate’ in Qatar or Saudi Arabia for 18 months.

Bradford will then take the punt on account of location, family ties and the fact they collect strikers.

Sheff Utd will be his next destination. They love a bit of controversy, Yorkie location and again, forward hoarders.

Then Newcastle, Villa or Everton. A 6 month stop gap loan back at Man U, a messy stint at Inter Miami (where David Beckham, a sir by then, forgets about Greenwood’s past but somehow avoids any negative press and continues his push for the inevitable sainthood) before dropping down the leagues to play for Wrexham, Notts County and Stockport.

In jail by 40.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Theimperialcoroner
February 3, 2023, 9:50am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Lee Hughes

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Poojah
February 3, 2023, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Lee Hughes

Still playing in non-league by all accounts, at the grand old age of 46. The world has changed quite a bit since Hughes was released from prison in 2007, and I’m not sure he’d be able to resurrect his career in the way he did, today.

Certainly, violent and sexual offences against women are more taboo than ever, heightened by recent high profile cases in the press. I think a more accurate comparison of what’s in store for Greenwood is Adam Johnson; simply too toxic to touch.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2023, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

Still playing in non-league by all accounts, at the grand old age of 46. The world has changed quite a bit since Hughes was released from prison in 2007, and I’m not sure he’d be able to resurrect his career in the way he did, today.

Certainly, violent and sexual offences against women are more taboo than ever, heightened by recent high profile cases in the press. I think a more accurate comparison of what’s in store for Greenwood is Adam Johnson; simply too toxic to touch.

Is he still playing? I saw him running the show in the NPL for Mickleover when he was 43. Mickleover have signed a few wrong'uns in recent years: non-league player Reece Thompson who forced his girlfriend to eat paint and Mitch Rose after his woman beating conviction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
Poojah
February 3, 2023, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Is he still playing? I saw him running the show in the NPL for Mickleover when he was 43. Mickleover have signed a few wrong'uns in recent years: non-league player Reece Thompson who forced his girlfriend to eat paint and Mitch Rose after his woman beating conviction.

He’s at Stourport Swifts in the Midland Premier League. Had missed that about Mitch Rose; not good.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mason Greenwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.