Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Good
Always thought they were dodgy.

They will find ways to wriggle round it and any sentence will be suspended or they get a fine that means nothing to multi billionaires

Just because they have won 17 trophies since their takeover doesn't make them dodgy 🙄.  I am sure once the independent commission have ....taken their commission..
then Man City will likely have very little to answer to and the Premier League will have little or no action to take...maybe even end up handing them a 10 point head start next season by way of apology.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 6, 2023, 8:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from moosey_club

Just because they have won 17 trophies since their takeover doesn't make them dodgy 🙄.  I am sure once the independent commission have ....taken their commission..
then Man City will likely have very little to answer to and the Premier League will have little or no action to take...maybe even end up handing them a 10 point head start next season by way of apology.

And here is the team that will be forming the investigation committee

Attachment: cad92d3a2603407389fbd99986ca248f_7512.jpeg
Size: 23.46 KB

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
aldi_01
February 7, 2023, 7:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
There’s absolutely zero way City will face any actual repercussions from this. A suspended sentence at best.

They’ve clearly upset someone at the premier league though, hence why they’ve brought the charges but when you’re owned by an obscenely wealthy country I don’t think city will need to worry about the legal fees and representation.

Sadly, I don’t think they’ll be the only one…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Gaffer58
February 7, 2023, 8:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
One of the sanctions, if found guilty, is relegation, relegation to where, wh6 should the EFL accept them, send them all the way to the Manchester Sunday league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
Jarmo.Is.God
February 7, 2023, 8:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Why have rules if you're not going to get punished for breaking them?
Sadly, that what i think will happen though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
OddShapedBalls
February 7, 2023, 8:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Hopefully this will be a Glasgow Rangers punishment scenario and not a football version of Saracens. Relegated into a league they were always going to pi$$ in one season but farcically allowed to stay in European Cup.

My favourite bit about the Saracens debacle was that the first charges were for older seasons, and they claimed to be doing no wrong since.....so then they were given an ultimatum of open your books for last season and this so we can assess them or accept relegation they just took the relegation option and kept the books out the spotlight!

Obviously did a Juve and overturned a points deficit to pi$$ the league below and go straight back up like you said, not exactly justice done but at least something happened

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
OddShapedBalls
February 7, 2023, 9:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
There’s absolutely zero way City will face any actual repercussions from this. A suspended sentence at best.

They’ve clearly upset someone at the premier league though, hence why they’ve brought the charges but when you’re owned by an obscenely wealthy country I don’t think city will need to worry about the legal fees and representation.

Sadly, I don’t think they’ll be the only one…

It all feels a bit 'we can regulate ourselves, honest mr government white paper, we don't need an independent regulator - look we're even charging Man City with things'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
Mariner_09
February 7, 2023, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Gaffer58
One of the sanctions, if found guilty, is relegation, relegation to where, wh6 should the EFL accept them, send them all the way to the Manchester Sunday league.

It's actually expulsion from the league, it's not a given the EFL would have to accept City into that level of the pyramid

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
OddShapedBalls
February 7, 2023, 11:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

It's actually expulsion from the league, it's not a given the EFL would have to accept City into that level of the pyramid

It'll give scunny a nice away game in the National North next season at least

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
jamesgtfc
February 7, 2023, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
The investigation has been ongoing for some time but I think the timing of the announcement tells a lot. To me, it's like the PL are punching down that they don't need regulating and can regulate themselves.

In terms of City, they will probably get a fine that isn't really a punishment to their owners and may get a transfer embargo for a window or 2, which again, isn't really a punishment when they've got the players that they have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man City Investiagtion

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.