Hagrid
February 21, 2023, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Lots of effort. Very little quality.
Had the chances, Maher’s header, one from Mcatee that he dragged wide, taylors at the end, Holohans bizarre choice to pass and not shoot.

Harrogate were limited and came for a point, and got it.
We tried, but against a team that sits back we seem to run out of ideas quickly and arent quick or skillful enough to break them down.

Felt we deserved 3 points on account of being the only side who wanted to win the game but we’ve probably gotta do more.

Taylor made a huge difference and if only he was fit from the start.
Crowd as flat as ever tonight, but our home form is poor and to get 5000+ on a tuesday night is good going
Logged Online
Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
February 21, 2023, 10:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Boils my urine when in games like this where they do everything to slow the game down and the refs essentially do nothing to stop it. Could be stopped in an instant with a couple of cautions.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 104
pontoonlew
February 21, 2023, 10:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Glennon & McAtee had good games but too many players were way off the pace.

We are absolutely shite to watch at BP this season and it’s a real concern for me, you almost expect every home game to be boring and it’s more of a surprise when it isn’t.

The positive is 4 points from 2 games and comfortably rooted into mid table. As I’ve just said on another thread, I want to at least be entertained and that was certainly not it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 104
Withnail
February 21, 2023, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
As Hagrid said lots of huff and puff but little quality. Had a few chances but Harrogate did a job on us.

Am I disappointed not to win? Yes. Would I have taken 4 points from the last two games? Hell, yes, I'd have bitten your bloody hand off.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 104
Abdul19
February 21, 2023, 10:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Highlight for me (Clive) was Mikey O'Reilly's introduction.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 104
MuddyWaters
February 21, 2023, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Positives?

We didn’t lose.
More minutes for Taylor who made an impact.
A bit more quality when Hunt replaced Morris.

Negatives?

Same old home form. Same excrement atmosphere.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 104
forza ivano
February 21, 2023, 10:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
thought Glennon, Efete and Emmanuel were the stand outs with Waterfall & Mcatee having solid games.
Bit too ponderous in midfield for me, with Holohan and Morris never really dominating things.
Think we miss Khan's pace and trickery - nobody else ,apart from Emmanuel, carries that threat
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 104
ginnywings
February 21, 2023, 10:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Another steaming turd of a game. If the object of the game was to waste as much time as possible, Harrogate would be top of the league. They took no risks whatsoever and started to run down the clock from minute one.

Going to BP this season drudgery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 104
immariner
February 21, 2023, 10:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Despite the severe lack.of quality on final ball, did enough to win the game. Taylor chance at the end summed it up. A frustrating watch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 104
Kris2
February 21, 2023, 10:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136

Really should have won on balance but lacked enough quality apart from a header at the end that could have gone in but for a good save. They played for a draw away and got it, midfield was sluggish and couldn't get into the game. Hunt and that mop head kid didn't do much better when they came on, would have preferred Clifton stay on as he's the kind of player you need against a physical side. Lloyd couldn't get into the game as that giant hunchback defender dragged him all over the place, Taylor didn't have much time to get into the game but seemed to cope better with being dragged all over. The ref was a bit of a mystery, seemed to want to let the game flow but ignored some clear fouls when there was no advantage of any kind. Apart from a 10 minute spell in the first half when they looked bright, Harrogate rarely threatened and sat back looking to slow the game down. Not enough pressing or taking advantage of a quick throw, our players stood still like statues and the player throwing the ball just looked confused for 30 seconds while all their players got back. The only time we passed the ball around on the deck was in front of our own goal and as soon as the ball moved anywhere else up in the air it went for some head tennis.

We didn't lose but it would have been a surprise if we did tbh, not good enough at home again.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 104
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.