11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 21, 2023, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Felt we had control for last 20 minutes of first half and the complete second half...possession and even territory stats for that period must be off the charts...

But....

only really resulted In their keeping making two saves of note, one from Hunts shot one from Taylors header....quite telling that they both came on as subs at around 70 mins ??

Prior to that slow to get forward but when we did break through the crossing was awful.

Things to improve,
1. How to use the ball at throw ins as that was fking embarrassing tonight, at least 6 times second half just turning the ball straight over when in the final third.
2. How to cross a ball
3. Staggered runs into the box when the ball is about to be cut back
4. Morris

Turned up full of anticipation, had that sucked out of me by half time and my only surprise was that we didn't actually concede a late goal on the counter.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 104
ginnywings
February 21, 2023, 10:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club
Felt we had control for last 20 minutes of first half and the complete second half...possession and even territory stats for that period must be off the charts...

But....

only really resulted In their keeping making two saves of note, one from Hunts shot one from Taylors header....quite telling that they both came on as subs at around 70 mins ??

Prior to that slow to get forward but when we did break through the crossing was awful.

Things to improve,
1. How to use the ball at throw ins as that was fking embarrassing tonight, at least 6 times second half just turning the ball straight over when in the final third.
2. How to cross a ball
3. Staggered runs into the box when the ball is about to be cut back
4. Morris

Turned up full of anticipation, had that sucked out of me by half time and my only surprise was that we didn't actually concede a late goal on the counter.

Agree on the crossing. Dreadful apart from the Emmanuel one that Taylor should have buried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 104
GhostDan
February 21, 2023, 10:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Harrogate came with absolutely no interest in playing football which is fine, but we played completely into their hands by playing with little to no urgency at all from the off, incredibly slow and ponderous with the ball.

On another night we probably score early and go on to win comfortably, but we didn’t and we rarely do at home.  Apart from the FA cup games, I’m personally finding it a real chore to drag myself to BP this season with the entertainment that is on offer - not just from us but majority of other teams who come with no interest in playing.

Onwards and upwards, in Hurst we trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 104
MANCMARINER
February 21, 2023, 10:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings

Agree on the crossing. Dreadful apart from the Emmanuel one that Taylor should have buried.

Classic example of this was in the 2nd half when Glennon made a fantastic surging run into the final third and then scuffed a cross straight to their defender.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 104
Heisenberg
February 21, 2023, 10:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,102
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Abdul19
Highlight for me (Clive) was Mikey O'Reilly's introduction.

I couldn’t believe that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 104
Mariner_501
February 21, 2023, 10:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Emmanuel is the best right back in the league. His burst of pace when he looks stuck is incredible.

Don’t see what Morris brings that Hunt doesn’t
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 104
rancido
February 21, 2023, 10:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
I just couldn't understand why we persisted with attacking down the right when Glennon time and again had loads of space on the left. I lost count the number of times he didn't have a Harrogate player wasn't within 25 -30 yds of him but we still kept pushing the right side.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 104
moosey_club
February 21, 2023, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Mariner_501
Emmanuel is the best right back in the league. His burst of pace when he looks stuck is incredible.

Slow, innacurate , non progressive passing maybe?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 104
Bogtrotter
February 21, 2023, 10:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +222
Gold Stars: 8
First game in ages, didn't think we were that bad but I'm no expert. Thought that 99ft tall Harrogate defender #34 kept them in the game in the 1st half, not just the one he headed over but on a couple of other occasions. Could have been a different result if he wasn't there.

Second half was obviously frustrating because we dominated play but didn't capitalise on that.

Took D2 to her first ever Mariners game and she enjoyed it so that was a positive. She wore my lucky 98 Wembley double top, but it didn't bring the usual luck, not that I can wear it anymore because I'm a fat git.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 104
toontown
February 21, 2023, 10:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mariner_501

Several inches of height is what seems to be getting him the nod.

Morris is a decent player but his concentration is a bit poor, makes some silly errors he really shouldn't be making.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.