4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
The red and grey98
March 17, 2023, 12:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +13
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

And that bodes incredibly well for the future.

I know it's highly unlikely....but just imagine we did the impossible on Sunday....

Absolutely does. Imagine, dream (I'am not the only one) we got a result Sunday,  that really would put us even more on the map.
Off bringing up kids. The last year has shown me what a powerful thing , pride hard work Shere bloody mindness can be.
Think I might make sodomist lugs watch Waterfalls pep talk from the end Off normal time ( pof) over & over again.
Ps please forgive my dyslexia.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
heppy88
March 17, 2023, 12:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from jamesgtfc

My kids school are so boring. Didn't dress up for World Book Day, absolutely nothing about Comic Relief. My kids have been unable to attend on every strike day so far.

Yep, daughter goes to same school. She wanted to wear her Town top today but couldn't, so had to make do with black and white hair ribbons. Even Healing, that has a terrible reputation at present has allowed the kids to wear Town tops.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
March 17, 2023, 12:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 15
Sitting here trying to concentrate on work, thought I’d have a quick look at the Fishy... Two hours later and I’m still here! Just want to say this club means the whole bloody world to me and I’m so proud. UTM - Onwards to Brighton!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
The Caterham Mariner
March 17, 2023, 3:44pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Sitting here trying to concentrate on work, thought I’d have a quick look at the Fishy... Two hours later and I’m still here! Just want to say this club means the whole bloody world to me and I’m so proud. UTM - Onwards to Brighton!

Work !!! Where work i have Crystal Palace fans coming up to me " Are you going?"
" I am watching you lot on Sunday!"
Various messages  of support etc.
Roll on Sunday
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
PDXMariner
March 17, 2023, 4:03pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +36
Completely get the feelings here, as i've got exactly the same thoughts. Been a Mariner since my first game in '88, and despite moving halfway across the world, love spreading the word of GTFC. I think my house is the only one in Oregon with a town flag flying the season long... always gets the random Brits when they walk down the street...

It's been great getting random comments from people I know who have seen the town on the TV, even over here, and what's best is it shows the town, and the club in it's best light. I got up this morning and watched the Good Morning Britain clip (shorter than BBC last week mind) and it choked me up a bit to be honest.

Wishing all the Mariners well on Sunday - I'm gutted that I'll be on a ship and won't be able to watch, but I'll have my Town shirt on, and hoping I have signal to keep on top of the score. Whatever the result, the team have done themselves, the town and the club extremely proud. Enjoy the day Mariners - looking forward to replaying the game when i get back, and I'll be thinking of you all.

On a separate note, I'll be over in the UK soon, and have got tickets to the Wimbledon match. I was a mascot for the Exeter game back in May '91, and we did alright that day, so if this kicks off a good run.....  .  

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
OddShapedBalls
March 17, 2023, 4:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from heppy88

Yep, daughter goes to same school. She wanted to wear her Town top today but couldn't, so had to make do with black and white hair ribbons. Even Healing, that has a terrible reputation at present has allowed the kids to wear Town tops.

At least your daughter supports town, mine claims to like.....I struggle to even write it....spurs, blegh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Mayaman
March 17, 2023, 4:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from PDXMariner
Completely get the feelings here, as i've got exactly the same thoughts. Been a Mariner since my first game in '88, and despite moving halfway across the world, love spreading the word of GTFC. I think my house is the only one in Oregon with a town flag flying the season long... always gets the random Brits when they walk down the street...

It's been great getting random comments from people I know who have seen the town on the TV, even over here, and what's best is it shows the town, and the club in it's best light. I got up this morning and watched the Good Morning Britain clip (shorter than BBC last week mind) and it choked me up a bit to be honest.

Wishing all the Mariners well on Sunday - I'm gutted that I'll be on a ship and won't be able to watch, but I'll have my Town shirt on, and hoping I have signal to keep on top of the score. Whatever the result, the team have done themselves, the town and the club extremely proud. Enjoy the day Mariners - looking forward to replaying the game when i get back, and I'll be thinking of you all.

On a separate note, I'll be over in the UK soon, and have got tickets to the Wimbledon match. I was a mascot for the Exeter game back in May '91, and we did alright that day, so if this kicks off a good run.....  .  

UTM

Thought I'd recognized you. Good game that. Two goals for Cockers, If I remember rightly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
PDXMariner
March 17, 2023, 4:48pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +36
Quoted from Mayaman

Thought I'd recognized you. Good game that. Two goals for Cockers, If I remember rightly.

Indeed - 2-1, a promotion and a pitch invasion. Epic day.
Hoping my folks have still got my shirt somewhere back in Gy up in the loft, but who kows and have my signed programme up in the office.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
The Caterham Mariner
March 18, 2023, 2:04pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from lukeo

100% this. I also beg every single Mariner at the game, no matter what. Whether we're winning, drawing, losing or making absolute howlers. Stay behind the boys and do what we did at St Mary's and show the world how amazing we are. Utm

You don't need to beg they will have to throw me out after "Town" leave the pitch
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pride

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.