5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
March 26, 2023, 10:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Forgettable game crying out for changes in players and formation in the end, disappointing for a decent crowd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
DB
March 26, 2023, 11:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Garth
Forgettable game crying out for changes in players and formation in the end, disappointing for a decent crowd

TBH I thought the gate was poor at 6176, take off the 400+ Walsall fans leaves about 5770. Take off ST's and not many are left as walk-ins.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
MuddyWaters
March 26, 2023, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Michael Flynn's Walsall looked just like Michael Flynn's Newport  - big, ugly and annoyingly effective.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Abdul19
March 26, 2023, 11:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from DB

In the post match JT asked Hurst about this. The answer was  that the system he started to play was changed which didn't suit Scannel.

A rubbish answer as it implies that formations can never be changed mid match - I don't expect JT pushed him on this though!

My highlight of the game was Amos' yellow card tackle  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
toontown
March 26, 2023, 11:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from DB

TBH I thought the gate was poor at 6176, take off the 400+ Walsall fans leaves about 5770. Take off ST's and not many are left as walk-ins.

Bet loads of STH didn't turn up as usual so still a fair few walk ups
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
Croxton
March 26, 2023, 1:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Abdul19

A rubbish answer as it implies that formations can never be changed mid match - I don't expect JT pushed him on this though!

My highlight of the game was Amos' yellow card tackle  

Hurst likes to control the narrative and puts JT back in his box rather abruptly about team selections. ''Going forward I won't be answering questions about players who aren't in the team''

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fbzjst

Plus, a shot across the bows to those who have high expectations this season.

https://marinerstv.co.uk/player/0_5o3f7izo

If he was less selective of fans views he might see that the vast majority of us are pleased to stay up this year and that it is JT's job to ask about other players in the squad?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
HertsGTFC
March 26, 2023, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
[b] ''Going forward I won't be answering questions about players who aren't in the team''[/b

This made me smile, it's  post match interview about the game so I kind of get what Hurst is saying. JT seems to have been more opinionated this season about playing personal and maybe it was just a bit of Hurst showing his teeth with JT (again) which I also kind of get.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
ginnywings
March 26, 2023, 4:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC
[b] ''Going forward I won't be answering questions about players who aren't in the team''[/b

This made me smile, it's  post match interview about the game so I kind of get what Hurst is saying. JT seems to have been more opinionated this season about playing personal and maybe it was just a bit of Hurst showing his teeth with JT (again) which I also kind of get.  

Don't blame PH myself. Why answer questions about what he didn't do, rather than what he did do? We knew from the pre match interview that we had a full squad to pick from, so it's obvious the missing players were left out for a reason. They can't all be in the match day squad.

It's the same with peoples obsession with substitutes. The manager decides if and when to introduce them, and on Saturday he decided not to change things in the game. That could be for any number of reasons. The game was finely balanced and introducing subs could just as easily have had the effect of disrupting the flow, rather than enhancing it. We were looking the more likely to score the winner at the end of the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
MuddyWaters
March 26, 2023, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

Don't blame PH myself. Why answer questions about what he didn't do, rather than what he did do? We knew from the pre match interview that we had a full squad to pick from, so it's obvious the missing players were left out for a reason. They can't all be in the match day squad.

It's the same with peoples obsession with substitutes. The manager decides if and when to introduce them, and on Saturday he decided not to change things in the game. That could be for any number of reasons. The game was finely balanced and introducing subs could just as easily have had the effect of disrupting the flow, rather than enhancing it. We were looking the more likely to score the winner at the end of the game.

People are allowed opinions though.

There were several blowing out of their ar$es after 70 minutes. PH has, understandably, spoken about the schedule and fatigue and he had several good options on the bench. Yesterday was crying out for us to get up the pitch with better possession and passing, just as Hunt gave us in his last start v Rochdale.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
HertsGTFC
March 26, 2023, 4:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

I thought Paul’s explanation about lack of height on the bench made sense.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.