June 3, 2023, 1:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from Mikey_345

You lose trust..

I find it a real shame that footage of that fans forum has been deleted from the internet. I understand why the current regime might have wanted it gone, it was a total car crash, but I can’t help but feel it should be kept for posterity as a reminder of the absolute clusterfúck we were as a football club.

It was by no means rock bottom, of course, but it was perhaps the best and most iconic example of how awfully the club was being run. If the club’s leadership was prepared to behave like that in public, on camera, can you imagine what on earth must have been going on behind the scenes!?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Mappers
June 3, 2023, 2:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
I would suggest that you  listen to the Peter Swann interviews on the Iron Bru podcast , they are up there with the comedy of that night . Although I have to admit I was disappointed not to find that  fateful night of the fans forum on YouTube (was that the one when they did the hatchet job on the friendly but meek Matt Dean?) The Swann one definately takes the edge off .

What characters
Slade ,Honest John ,Swann ,Mr Shut Up ,Mr David
By gum ,get them in a room together it would be some show .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gareth Jennings interview here

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.