Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › In or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Big D ?
In
Out
Still funny as  David Brent parody
  View Results 141 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

In or out?

This thread currently has 3,183 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
grassbandits
February 17, 2024, 6:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +117
Gold Stars: 5
Ok… *tin hat on*

Lincoln also spoke to Artell when we were both recruiting.

The feedback I got was theirs was the oddest interview possible. At times DA would come out with something and you’d think he was the second coming of Pep but in the next breath you’d think he’d never even watched a game of football in his life left alone managed. At the end Imp people were like ‘wtf I don’t know what just happened’. This was an informal chat and DA didn’t make the formal interview stage.

*Tin hat off*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
ROKERITE
February 17, 2024, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grassbandits
The poll says…

93% of us are Town fans, who are the other 7%??!?

Well I am technically a Sunderland supporter but every bad result you have is costing me money. To be selfish I'd probably be better off if Artell went tonight and somebody like Derek Adams came in tomorrow and started picking up points and stopped me hemorrhaging so much cash.
But I believe David Artell is a good manager/head coach and, like AncientExiledMariner, it is my opinion that longer term he could do a very good job and provide entertaining football for Grimsby supporters. It seems unlikely he's going to get a chance to show it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
Mappers
February 17, 2024, 6:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ROKERITE

I voted "in" but I fear the tide is sweeping him away. I like Artell but coming in mid-season and trying to implement a new style is proving disastrous, particularly at home.

If Artell had arrived in May, last year or this, things would have been very different; for this season or next. But as things are I can understand the strident calls for his dismissal though I'd like him to have been given more time. Less then three months is no time to judge someone, particularly a man who did a decent job at Crewe.

He is a good coach , but a good coach doesn't make a good manager .

I think he would be better going in to a job with a clean slate or with better technical players - he hasn't got them here .

I  actually feel sorry for the guy tbh ,but his lack of willing to change makes me feel he's too set in his ways to change or adapt which notches my sympathy down a tad .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
February 17, 2024, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mappers

He is a good coach , but a good coach doesn't make a good manager .

I think he would be better going in to a job with a clean slate or with better technical players - he hasn't got them here .

I  actually feel sorry for the guy tbh ,but his lack of willing to change makes me feel he's too set in his ways to change or adapt which notches my sympathy down a tad .

He is head coach. All the other managerial stuff is done by backroom staff.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
TAGG
February 17, 2024, 6:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Germo66
I heard that someone threw their Sean ticket at him

Ye that correct.
It went over his head literally and metaphorically.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
jimgtfc
February 17, 2024, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,091
Gold Stars: 45
Damage is done, lost the players weeks ago apparently and he’s definitely lost the fans now. Not really sure where he can go from here, other than the exit door with a nice fat cheque in his back pocket.

This is dreadful, and if he does go now there’s an argument that he’s the clubs worst ever manager.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
BulkyMariner
February 17, 2024, 6:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +206
Gold Stars: 7
Agree that Artell has to go, he's not getting anything from them now, and depresses me to listen to, can't imagine what the players think.

Can we also agree the players are excrement. They got Hurst the sack, and DA soon too. People have said all season that they're more technical and that might be true, but they've been excrement.

Usually managers get the majority of the blame, but this is on the players for me baring Rose. Absolute excrement: no effort, no desire
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › In or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.