4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
February 25, 2024, 6:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,411
Gold Stars: 534
No secret that I’m a fan of his, and over the last few weeks the players have been deadly silent on social media- probably for the best,  but fair play to him coming out holding his hands up for the miss yesterday in the dying minutes

I know some feel he is limited, but he’s certainly given us more good times than bad since he joined and personally feel we stand a better chance staying up if we have him in that team week in week out

Tweet 1761711517483892884 will appear here...

Logged Online
Private Message
HertsGTFC
February 25, 2024, 6:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,934
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
No secret that I’m a fan of his, and over the last few weeks the players have been deadly silent on social media- probably for the best,  but fair play to him coming out holding his hands up for the miss yesterday in the dying minutes

I know some feel he is limited, but he’s certainly given us more good times than bad since he joined and personally feel we stand a better chance staying up if we have him in that team week in week out

I have an opinion on Gav but if he's beating himself up about yesterday he shouldn't, the problem we have does not sit with him.

If he'd have been playing a bit more the maybe he would have scored at the end, not his fault that.

Looking at the dysfunctional squad we have his contribution could be massive on and off the pitch,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
It Bites
February 25, 2024, 6:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,170
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Hagrid

He’s a good lad . Definitely need him in the team every week till the end of the season
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
The Caterham Mariner
February 25, 2024, 7:07pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from It Bites

He’s a good lad . Definitely need him in the team every week till the end of the season

Respect his honesty with spotlight / scrutiny on his performance,  I Would /want to see him part  of the "Town" squad for next season, what ever division  we end up in ..!!!
UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 25, 2024, 7:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
I personally can’t stand players apologising for stuff on the pitch that’s outside of their control. Players miss chances. There is no reason to apologise for it. It’s not like he intentionally missed.

It seems a bit odd to apologise for that but not for all of the times he hasn’t been arşed to track back this season.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
Poojah
February 25, 2024, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,540
Gold Stars: 1,500
There have been a great many forgettable Town players in my time following the club; Holohan ain’t one of them. His last minute equaliser at Meadow Lane (and all it led to) and his two penalties at Southampton are memories I will take with me to the grave.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
chipsandgravy
February 25, 2024, 7:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,611
Gold Stars: 37
If you saw him at the end of the match you would have seen how distraught he was with his miss. You can always question some players commitment but never Gav's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
GrimExile
February 25, 2024, 7:43pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I personally can’t stand players apologising for stuff on the pitch that’s outside of their control. Players miss chances. There is no reason to apologise for it. It’s not like he intentionally missed.

It seems a bit odd to apologise for that but not for all of the times he hasn’t been arşed to track back this season.

I’m sorry but that’s just an unnecessary and nasty post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
supertown
February 25, 2024, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 53
He might feel better when he realises he cost us 2 points not 3 😬
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
golfer
February 25, 2024, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,438
Gold Stars: 116
For me he is 1 of the 2 best players in the side - the other being Rose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.