Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

This thread currently has 22,305 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
February 28, 2024, 4:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
77% book those GTFC match odds!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 294
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 28, 2024, 4:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from pizzzza

Which bookie is offering Town to win at that price? Despite our home record I would definitely be having some of that

🤦🏻‍♂️ my bad 19/20

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 294
pizzzza
February 28, 2024, 4:47pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

🤦🏻‍♂️ my bad 19/20

That's far less appealing  
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 294
louth_in_the_south
February 28, 2024, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Even if we stay up , there’s no way Artell should be here after May 1st . ST sales will take a nosedive as he’s lost the vast majority of people in BP , maybe the only exception JS . Get rid and I think that single move would give everybody hope again for next season.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 294
GrimRob
February 28, 2024, 5:43pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,413
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Even if we stay up , there’s no way Artell should be here after May 1st . ST sales will take a nosedive as he’s lost the vast majority of people in BP , maybe the only exception JS . Get rid and I think that single move would give everybody hope again for next season.

It depends what happens between now and the end of the season. We could win every game and they will sell like hotcakes in the summer. He might be sacked at 5pm. Between those extremes like a continuum of possibilities.

If we do suddenly start to win more plenty of people will flip back to supporting the manager.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 274 - 294
louth_in_the_south
February 28, 2024, 5:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GrimRob

It depends what happens between now and the end of the season. We could win every game and they will sell like hotcakes in the summer. He might be sacked at 5pm. Between those extremes like a continuum of possibilities.

If we do suddenly start to win more plenty of people will flip back to supporting the manager.

I’m not so sure .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 294
LH
February 28, 2024, 6:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
The only thing that could possibly save him is an improbable winning run from now until the end of the season. I don’t think anyone has warmed to him at all (not necessarily a bad thing given the job-life expectancy of a manager these days). A lot of fans I’ve spoken to are starting to get very disengaged with the club at the minute and it’d be a ST renewal sales disaster if he stayed on as it stands.
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 294
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2024, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LH
The only thing that could possibly save him is an improbable winning run from now until the end of the season. I don’t think anyone has warmed to him at all (not necessarily a bad thing given the job-life expectancy of a manager these days). A lot of fans I’ve spoken to are starting very disengaged with the club at the minute and it’d be a ST renewal sales disaster if he stayed on as it stands.

I don’t envy the owners. If we stay up, do they keep him, even though fans don’t like him or if we don’t, how much will we lose in revenue?
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 294
Zmariner
February 28, 2024, 6:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from GrimRob

This is true, I suspect that a lot of the fan base myself included would support  Mickey Mouse as the manager if we won a few games. That said, as you point out, I think it will be very hard for David Artell to survive a loss on Saturday.I would roll the dice if we lost on Saturday, we are well past hardluck stories
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 294
Maringer
February 28, 2024, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
If things turn around and we're playing some good stuff and getting some decent results by the end of the season, he'll surely stay? I can't believe that anybody wouldn't back the incumbent manager at the start of the next season if we end the season on the up. Jolley had the backing of the fans following the big escape that particular season in spite of the fact that there had been such dross before that late (and slightly flukey) run of victories. Actually, possibly not a good example, that, given what we saw at the start of the following season!

If we sneak away from relegation and avoid it as much by luck as judgement then he can go. If he actually gets us playing reasonably to win some results, I think he'll definitely be staying.

We just need to stay up by hook or by crook to hopefully rebuild a much better squad for next season, whoever ends up being in charge. Can't believe how much Hurst crapped the bed with his summer transfer window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 294
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.