Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

This thread currently has 22,282 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
February 29, 2024, 8:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,453
Gold Stars: 63

A defeat full stop will precipitate very ugly scenes on Saturday,  even if we are "unlucky."

Just what do long suffering fans have to do to get a proper Football league club that isn't always one step away from non league?

Just how many season tickets do we have to sell, how many 6k plus attendances do we need and how many thousands of fans need to trek all over the country just to get a team that can not be in a relegation battle?

It is unfathomable as like everybody else I thought 99% of the problems started and ended with Fenty.

6k attendances it's interesting that we don't appear to be a viable league club even with attendances that are substantially higher than many at this level.

Where does that leave us as we cannot realistically increase attendances by much at BP yet , bearing in mind that actual seat sales are higher than turnout, and on the other hand have no plans to develop a new stadium.

Medium to long term I can't see where this is is going nomatter how this season pans out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 294
1mickylyons
February 29, 2024, 8:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56

A defeat full stop will precipitate very ugly scenes on Saturday,  even if we are "unlucky."

Just what do long suffering fans have to do to get a proper Football league club that isn't always one step away from non league?

Just how many season tickets do we have to sell, how many 6k plus attendances do we need and how many thousands of fans need to trek all over the country just to get a team that can not be in a relegation battle?

It is unfathomable as like everybody else I thought 99% of the problems started and ended with Fenty.

Exactly it's soul destroying that we can't mount a challenge and are 3rd from bottom and looking in trouble I'm sick of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 294
Zmariner
February 29, 2024, 10:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
I think the problem is that the endless struggle has become tedious. Initially you enjoy the fight and all of the rallying calls but this is supposed to be a hobby and fun and for me, it is rapidly losing its enjoyment. I will be there on Saturday, but am I looking forward to it… Of course, not it will be nerve racking and I have a little faith in a team that has not managed to win this year.
As much as it sickens me, nobody would be surprised by heavy defeat anymore. As a fan base, we really deserve better, particularly the away support which I find staggering,the loyalty of the away support is off the scale for me , simply brilliant
Fingers crossed for Saturday, I think nobody cares how we win, it is just time to win like a normal football club, utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 294
louth_in_the_south
February 29, 2024, 10:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,685
Gold Stars: 96
A solid first 15 with no goals conceded will be the most important factor. If we don’t and follow recent home trends it’ll be a bloodbath

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 294
Mappers
February 29, 2024, 10:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

6k attendances it's interesting that we don't appear to be a viable league club even with attendances that are substantially higher than many at this level.

Where does that leave us as we cannot realistically increase attendances by much at BP yet , bearing in mind that actual seat sales are higher than turnout, and on the other hand have no plans to develop a new stadium.

Medium to long term I can't see where this is is going nomatter how this season pans out

It will be serious redevelopment at some point if we are staying at BP because it's likely that the lifespan of at least 1 stand probably 2 will come to an end within the next 10 years .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 294
30 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.