Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

This thread currently has 114,787 views. Print
62 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 28, 2024, 10:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,300
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
There's probally loads, but James McClean at Wrexham came from Derry City straight into Sunderlands team when they was in the Premiership.  See Luke McNallys name pop up the other day and noticed he came from Derry City and signed for Oxford United, after one season in League One, he signed for Burnley in the Championship for 2 Million >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_McNally

I am the world's worst pundit so I am more than likely to be completely wrong.McJannett will sign and be a world beater, but both McLean & McNally weren't in the LoI for 4 seasons and had attracted interest before they eventually left. can't see there's been any interest in McJannett. Also i follow the NI league quite closely, and it only takes half a season before they are snapped up.

Equally I totally accept that Joe has had some success with Irish recruitment, and he will have forgotten more than I will ever know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 619
Grimsby2012
April 29, 2024, 2:28am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22

That deal is off, his mummy wouldn't let him come. Too low in the pyramid.

(and yes, this is a repeat of my gag elsewhere...)

Pheroenough

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 619
rancido
April 29, 2024, 5:14am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,666
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from HistonMariner
Live amongst Cambridge fans who universally welcomed Ryan Bennet as a good signing but equally have been surprised how much he’s slowed down over the season.  Increasingly used from the bench.

Suspect our ‘analysts’ are very keen on venturing into Europe and our owners would back such an idea because of greater value…..Expect a few imports.

The fact that RB has slowed down and been increasingly used from the bench should be proof enough that he isn't for us. Waterfall was in a similar situation for us this season and allowed to leave.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 619
Abdul19
April 29, 2024, 8:08am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
4 sub appearances all season (and 1 since new year). 37 starts.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 619
Mikey_345
April 29, 2024, 10:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,610
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido

The fact that RB has slowed down and been increasingly used from the bench should be proof enough that he isn't for us. Waterfall was in a similar situation for us this season and allowed to leave.

He’s made 43 appearances this season and in minutes played has played 38.66 games.

Let’s not just believe something cause one persons said it’s true on the internet..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 619
OddShapedBalls
April 29, 2024, 10:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
On what must have been a slow news day by even Blackpool's standards back in January, their local online rag handily put together this list of 20 league 2 players who would be out of contract this summer.  Waterfall appears on it, but please skip over number 2 on the list for your own sanity :  

https://www.blackpoolgazette.c.....-city-4492143?page=1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 619
Nutsy
April 29, 2024, 10:58am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +159
Gold Stars: 5
I’d really like us to keep hold of Ainley and would like us to go in for Jack Payne - think those two coupled with Thompson would be very interesting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 619
Simon
April 29, 2024, 11:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Had some decent players from overseas in the past so i do hope our scouting network and data analysts are searching far and wide for the next zang enhua, ivano, jamie forrister, david neilson, menno willams

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 619
Poojah
April 29, 2024, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,006
Gold Stars: 1,534
Charlie Lakin, on loan at Sutton from Burton, is an interesting one. 8 goals from his last 15 games in midfield at League Two’s second worst side seems like a pretty impressive return under the circumstances.

To temper that a little, at 24 years-old he’s done next to nothing in his career prior to that, however Dan Kemp who suddenly found form at relegated Hartlepool last season has kept it going at Swindon and BFS this season with another 19 goals, so maybe worth a look at what our super-spreadsheet says.

Also at Sutton, big Harry Smith scored another 14 this season, again at a struggling side. He’s probably one of the most touted non-ex GTFC players in recent summer windows, and still the type of player I feel we sorely lack. Maybe not conducive to Artell-ball v2, mind.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 619
LocalLadGTFC
April 29, 2024, 11:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 141
Quoted from Poojah
Charlie Lakin, on loan at Sutton from Burton, is an interesting one. 8 goals from his last 15 games in midfield at League Two’s second worst side seems like a pretty impressive return under the circumstances.

To temper that a little, at 24 years-old he’s done next to nothing in his career prior to that, however Dan Kemp who suddenly found form at relegated Hartlepool last season has kept it going at Swindon and BFS this season with another 19 goals, so maybe worth a look at what our super-spreadsheet says.

Also at Sutton, big Harry Smith scored another 14 this season, again at a struggling side. He’s probably one of the most touted non-ex GTFC players in recent summer windows, and still the type of player I feel we sorely lack. Maybe not conducive to Artell-ball v2, mind.

I do hope we recruit someone that can actually attack a set piece though, launching Tharmes throw ins into the box is as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 169 - 619
62 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Official Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.