Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,781 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
November 5, 2011, 1:33am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Tommy
For those suggesting Fenty should take responsibility and take the criticism for the direction the club has gone in:

He has clearly taken responsibility for this and to my mind can take the criticism too. It must be killing him that the club has sank so low during his chairmanship, but he knows he has done his best for the club. He's always worked hard and in what he's believed to be the best interests of the club. For this, he doesn't deserve the personal insults and wild suggestions of his motives or plans that seem to be made up on-the-spot to suit the individuals agenda.

Criticise all you want, that isn't what JF has written to Rob about.

Nail, head.
Now, hopefully Rob has removed the offending posts so the posters that have caused this email to happen will cease. As I pointed out a couple of days ago, you can't post made up insulting garbage with impunity. Take some responsibility.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 80 - 348
TAGG
November 5, 2011, 2:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Do you think Fenty has seen his bottom because he keeps getting voted TOTW each week?

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 348
the Grimbarian
November 5, 2011, 5:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Biccys

Nail, head.
Now, hopefully Rob has removed the offending posts so the posters that have caused this email to happen will cease. As I pointed out a couple of days ago, you can't post made up insulting garbage with impunity. Take some responsibility.

Its about time the mods took responsibility for this not just GrimRob then this wouldnt have got this far down the line as it has but its a case when it goes pear shape just pass the book
Then instead of joining in do the job youre here for youve been quick to delete posts in the past so do it now if/when needed

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 348
brad_gtfc
November 5, 2011, 7:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I just dont know what to think anymore, I really dont  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 348
aaron rattray
November 5, 2011, 7:42am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from the Grimbarian

Its about time the mods took responsibility for this not just GrimRob then this wouldnt have got this far down the line as it has but its a case when it goes pear shape just pass the book
Then instead of joining in do the job youre here for youve been quick to delete posts in the past so do it now if/when needed

tbh i actually agree here, i have had loads of posts deleted and one of them said that mariners player is shocking and it got deleted and the amount of people on here who actually backed me up was outstanding. i think they treat the people who has been here for longer diffrently than the newer ones and its not fair it has to stop!

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 348
Tony_GTFC
November 5, 2011, 8:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Just imagine the boot was on the other foot and all this personal criticism of you was put on a web site. Then some people started posting made up stories about you. How he puts up with all this abuse is beyond me.

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 348
Fishfinger
November 5, 2011, 8:27am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Wow, there are some keyboard warriors on here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 348
Biccys
November 5, 2011, 8:38am
Quoted from the Grimbarian

I'm not just here to moderate! I was a regular payer for years and I will be all the time the fishy is around.
Obviously we've missed some things that jf has been incensed by. Our apologies go out to him. If you think that we have the time or inclination to babysit this site 24/7 you're sally mistaken. We do what we can, we use our judgement and if we miss things we as a group of moderators hold our hands up and say sorry. Now, those that spend a lot of time in here could also act as mods and raise contentious posts with us and we could look at them when time allows.
If you, Tony, have an issue with the way I've posted in the past, in threads that you've been involved in or the way I asked you to remove that pic from your signature, you should also think about what your actions have made others feel.  Not particularly libellous but certainly deeply offensive. There has to be some degree of responsibility from everyone on here. Rob could certainly lock this forum down tighter than a ducks chuff, Football365 insist on a work or education establishment email address to even register, and that site is moderated beyond belief. I'm pretty sure a lot of people in here wouldn't want that, as it would decimate the membership and removes anonymity completely. Let's go forward with a larger sense of responsibility and not lose this great asset we have.
(Oh and it's pass the buck, not book.)

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 87 - 348
the Grimbarian
November 5, 2011, 8:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Biccys

I'm not just here to moderate! I was a regular payer for years and I will be all the time the fishy is around.
Obviously we've missed some things that jf has been incensed by. Our apologies go out to him. If you think that we have the time or inclination to babysit this site 24/7 you're sally mistaken. We do what we can, we use our judgement and if we miss things we as a group of moderators hold our hands up and say sorry. Now, those that spend a lot of time in here could also act as mods and raise contentious posts with us and we could look at them when time allows.
If you, Tony, have an issue with the way I've posted in the past, in threads that you've been involved in or the way I asked you to remove that pic from your signature, you should also think about what your actions have made others feel.  Not particularly libellous but certainly deeply offensive. There has to be some degree of responsibility from everyone on here. Rob could certainly lock this forum down tighter than a ducks chuff, Football365 insist on a work or education establishment email address to even register, and that site is moderated beyond belief. I'm pretty sure a lot of people in here wouldn't want that, as it would decimate the membership and removes anonymity completely. Let's go forward with a larger sense of responsibility and not lose this great asset we have.
(Oh and it's pass the buck, not book.)

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 348
Biccys
November 5, 2011, 8:53am
Your choice.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 89 - 348
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.