WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 20, 2012, 6:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Maringer
Keystone Kops defending for the first 20 minutes with individual errors costing us goals.

A good showing after that though Disley's enforced substitution meant our options for a change were very limited. Thanoj was dead on his feet for the last 20 minutes and I'm sure he'd have been replaced by another player had the opportunity been there.

A lively attacking performance for spells but I'm disappointed that we didn't test their very-shaky looking keeper anywhere near enough.

Not just the goalkeeper but both central defenders making alot of mistakes. On the one hand im actually pleased. I know the fa cup can bring big matches but we could still be playing someone like rochdale in the 3rd round, so really im happy to skip it this one season to just focus on the league, I hope we lose the first game of the fa trophy aswell, once again theres positives that can come from the cup but for me its all league this season.

The downside for me is that the backup players who were given chances today didn't look like they were taking advantage of that chance, which makes you start thinking that maybe the squad depth isn't what we thought it was. Maybe it was the tactics today but if we lose disley or niven and have to bring in thanoj or artus I can't see them slotting in and keeping the way we play going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 140
barralad
October 20, 2012, 8:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

Not just the goalkeeper but both central defenders making alot of mistakes. On the one hand im actually pleased. I know the fa cup can bring big matches but we could still be playing someone like rochdale in the 3rd round, so really im happy to skip it this one season to just focus on the league, I hope we lose the first game of the fa trophy aswell, once again theres positives that can come from the cup but for me its all league this season.

The downside for me is that the backup players who were given chances today didn't look like they were taking advantage of that chance, which makes you start thinking that maybe the squad depth isn't what we thought it was. Maybe it was the tactics today but if we lose disley or niven and have to bring in thanoj or artus I can't see them slotting in and keeping the way we play going.

But we could've been playing Arsenal...There is prize money at each stage of the cup. It is a disaster that we won't see any of it!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 140
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 20, 2012, 8:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

But we could've been playing Arsenal...There is prize money at each stage of the cup. It is a disaster that we won't see any of it!

You are right, but theres also the chance that we might now get an advantage if say teams like luton are through and then play cup games and have to play more games and get an injury or two. Theres a few positives and I think disasters a bit of a harsh word for missing out on what mightve been but probably wouldn't have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 140
barralad
October 20, 2012, 8:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

You are right, but theres also the fact that we might now get an advantage if say teams like luton are through and then play cup games and have to play more games and get an injury or two. Theres a few positives and I think disasters a bit of a harsh word for missing out on what mightve been but probably wouldn't have been.

Maybe....personally I don't like the words fact and might in the same sentence.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 140
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 20, 2012, 11:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Maybe....personally I don't like the words fact and might in the same sentence.

Yeh that isn't right i've changed it to chance lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 140
Wammo5
October 20, 2012, 11:59pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
The young lad Hatton had a stinker today, what worries me is that our strikers do not look capable of scoring. How Cook scored a hatful of goals last year I have no idea how
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 140
Marinerz93
October 21, 2012, 12:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Wammo5
The young lad Hatton had a stinker today, what worries me is that our strikers do not look capable of scoring. How Cook scored a hatful of goals last year I have no idea how

Plenty of balls played to him and a hatfull of crosses from either wing.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 140
Wammo5
October 21, 2012, 12:14am
Coke Drinker
My dad is more mobile than Cook and Elding and he walks with a stick ..

I am praying for Hearns miracle recovery.

Got to say Nielson was different gravy today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 140
Marinerz93
October 21, 2012, 12:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Wammo5
My dad is more mobile than Cook and Elding and he walks with a stick ..

I am praying for Hearns miracle recovery.

Got to say Nielson was different gravy today.

Watch out for Police with Tazers then  

Elding's inability to jump is dumbfounding, are his boots lead lined to stop him floating away or something.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 140
Wammo5
October 21, 2012, 12:22am
Coke Drinker
Tried to sign Elding on football manager

His skill level was 0 on everything other than shouting at other players which he got 20 / 20

At least it's a start
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kiddi Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.