denni266
October 20, 2012, 3:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Chrisblor

What? We've just shipped 3 goals in 15 minutes and the managers have likely just ruined a striker's confidence. Are we meant to pretend that everything is fine because we've been on a good run lately? A good cup run would make a massive difference to the club's finances, we shouldn't just accept this performance because we're doing ok in the league.

well said .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 140
gobby
October 20, 2012, 3:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Any cup run is a bonus and nothing more.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 140
Chrisblor
October 20, 2012, 3:34pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,876
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from springstomind

I completely see your point mate, he won't feel good at all. But for him to think he's getting the blame when he hasn't touched the ball would be silly. I do think Disley should of started in the first place, but the managers know the players better than us and we do appear to be playing better with Disley on. I was referring mainly to Southwells reaction, he's not Balotelli, surely you would just do as you were told and cheer the team on.

Oh yeah of course his reaction was unprofessional but I can't blame him for it really. I'd probably try and do the same if I was in his situation.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 140
brad_gtfc
October 20, 2012, 3:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Weakened team. Hannah couldn't play, everyone was clambering for Thanoj to start the rest were forced on us. Typical hysterical reaction - and it's all Scott's fault. Pathetic.

Exactly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 140
pontoonlew
October 20, 2012, 3:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,040
Gold Stars: 178
I understand that a lot of the choices were forced upon us. That is worrying that we're losing 3-1 the second we don't have our best side out. A big thing for me though is the fact that we had these forced changes, yet still shoot ourselves in the foot by dropping our captain who we then bring on after 20 mins and destroy a young lads confidence.

In the meantime we keep on the other option to take off in Elding, the same Elding who's not arsed about staying at the club. Southwell is clearly desperate to play and is clearly upset by the decision, that can only be damaging to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 140
Alkalineroger
October 20, 2012, 3:37pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chrisblor

What? We've just shipped 3 goals in 15 minutes and the managers have likely just ruined a striker's confidence. Are we meant to pretend that everything is fine because we've been on a good run lately? A good cup run would make a massive difference to the club's finances, we shouldn't just accept this performance because we're doing ok in the league.

We shouldnt accept the performance no, but to do nothing about being 3 down is not on either, I think it's a sign that the managers aren't accepting the performance that they make a change at 30 mins.
I feel sorry for Southwell but I'm more bothered about sorting the performance than with someone's feelings.
No player is more important than the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 140
Chrisblor
October 20, 2012, 3:38pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,876
Gold Stars: 237
Disley going off injured. What a disaster this half has been.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 140
springstomind
October 20, 2012, 3:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Hearn,
Thomas
Pearson
Disley

Now injured. Brilliant lol

And all other concerns aside...... how diabolical is Hatton?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 140
TAGG
October 20, 2012, 3:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,945
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from springstomind
Yes i completely agree with putting Disley on. The midfield need him. Southwell needs a flipping slap, walking straight down the tunnel and mugging rob scott off, shocking behaviour in front of home fans.

Fukin sort yeself out you mug. He's a young lad who's drunk, Toot or Ploot should have explained to him the reasons why they dragged him off. Slap anyone who isn't arsed about being subed after 20 mins.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 140
brad_gtfc
October 20, 2012, 3:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Some people do baffle me.
Southwell needs to man up and take it on the chin instead of sulking and heres why..

Its a tactical change, we can all see that!
If it had being a straight swap for a striker then I can see why he'd be drunk off.

If he's not willing to take one for the team, no matter how old he is, he shouldn't be at the club.

Probably just reacting badly and will regret his actions later by trying to walk down the tunnel, I certainly hope so anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kiddi Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.