Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold has signed!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 156 Guests

Nathan Arnold has signed!

This thread currently has 12,941 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
July 19, 2014, 6:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Quoted from Les Brechin

I bet if we signed Messi and Ronaldo you'd still find something to moan about!!

Absolutely spot on Les, we have so far signed quality players for this Level and yes I am sure we would have like the full squad on place for start of pre-season but it's not that simple. As far as I am concerned this Summer has so far signed players that will improve us, still want a couple more but I am sure they are plans a foot. Well done Town UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 84
TownSNAFU5
July 19, 2014, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Given the impressive lightning around York now,  is this an indication of the speed of our wingers this season?   I hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 84
Saudimariner
July 19, 2014, 8:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +304
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

I bet if we signed Messi and Ronaldo you'd still find something to moan about!!

Yeah - both were failures in some recent cup competition (what was it called now....?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 84
Tom13
July 19, 2014, 8:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
With us having 3 wingers now, none of whom are particularly good defensively, does this mean we can bury the hatchet on Hurst being cautious and boring if we're planning attacking, passing football as he claims?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 84
acko338
July 19, 2014, 8:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Got to take the play deeper into opponents' areas this year - give them the defensive problems!!

5 good signings to date with pace throughout the team.

Keep 'em coming, please !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 84
LondonMariner43
July 19, 2014, 8:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,954
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from mariner2000
I really do hope we have signed him as a winger and not one of the strikers.  I must say I fear the worst!

I seem to remember Kevin Donovan being a winger and scoring plenty of goals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 84
Caesar
July 19, 2014, 8:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
I think this another good signing, after a couple of frustrating weeks of inactivity we seemed to have highlighted some key players and got the ones we really want.  It is shaping up nicely but please oh please can we get a 20+ goal a season striker!! I know there have been lots of names thrown about but if we can get a striker as decent as these signings I will be very happy with our business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 84
GrimRob
July 19, 2014, 8:56pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I think Hurst has gone on record in previous season saying that he likes to have at least 5 strikers in his squad so he'll be very aware of our limited options upfront at this moment in time.

Don't encourage him! Rotation has never been a very successful policy with PH so we might even be better off with less options.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 84
ScottyUTM
July 19, 2014, 9:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +11
Nathan Arnold has joined Grimsby on a season-long loan deal from Cambridge United.
Arnold was transfer-listed by United at the end of last term following their promotion to League Two.
The 26-year-old attacker looked as if he could still figure in Richard Money’s plans again this term after featuring in United’s first three pre-season friendlies.
He scored twice in Tuesday’s 8-0 thrashing of St Neots, but the Mariners have snapped up Arnold for their own bid to win promotion from the Conference Premier.

Seems like he hasn't missed out on any pre season training which is always good as he won't be lagging behind in terms of fitness, as well as this it looks like he's been producing good form this pre season! I'm looking forward to seeing him play in our next friendly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 84
mariner2000
July 19, 2014, 9:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Defo still need two strikers and a centre mid
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 59 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold has signed!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.