Reply: 82 - 86
Hagrid
August 1, 2014, 7:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Dont post rumours/gossip on here, but im good friends with a guy in the know, the kevin phillips rumour had some truth to it, we approached him and his terms were to come in as head coach and play when needed, we were negotiating with him when leicester came in, offered him a coaching role on more money and we never heard from him again! Something to discuss for the night i suppose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
samg
August 1, 2014, 8:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Dont post rumours/gossip on here, but im good friends with a guy in the know, the kevin phillips rumour had some truth to it, we approached him and his terms were to come in as head coach and play when needed, we were negotiating with him when leicester came in, offered him a coaching role on more money and we never heard from him again! Something to discuss for the night i suppose

Vanarama would love our Kev in a white tranny van - oh well its his loss!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
petethemariner
August 2, 2014, 12:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Hagrid

To be honest i think that if  Phillips had come to us it would have been a fantastic coup
for the club, OK his playing days are getting near to over, but his knowledge of forward
play,type of supply to forwards  require and movement/positioning is exactly what we are missing, i hope this rumour is true, because at least it means that the club are aware of
the shortcomings that might be the reason we continue to be non league.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 2, 2014, 12:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from petethemariner

To be honest i think that if  Phillips had come to us it would have been a fantastic coup
for the club, OK his playing days are getting near to over, but his knowledge of forward
play,type of supply to forwards  require and movement/positioning is exactly what we are missing, i hope this rumour is true, because at least it means that the club are aware of
the shortcomings that might be the reason we continue to be non league.

It could well have been a great move. Buckley and Dave Booth both signed experienced strikers to help the other forwards. Without Trevor Wymark to learn from, Drinkell and Wilkinson would not have been anything like as good.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Summer Signing Number 6

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.