barralad
July 22, 2014, 10:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from brad_gtfc

We haven't even started the season yet? This is the 1st pre season Hurst has had to mould this team on his own. We've played a team 2 leagues above us with a team of triaists and new signings who don't even know each other.

You need to learn Brad that it is impossible to employ logical positivism (look it up Codger) with some on here...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
barralad
July 22, 2014, 10:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He had over 40 games last season and we got worse as we went on. Aren't you slightly scared that he bases his attack around a man with an abysmal goal scoring record?

Utterly hysterical!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
brad_gtfc
July 22, 2014, 10:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He had over 40 games last season and we got worse as we went on. Aren't you slightly scared that he bases his attack around a man with an abysmal goal scoring record?

No, because anybody who knows anything about the game knows LJL isn't a main striker, he's the target man, he needs someone alongside him to score the goals. Not many teams have 2 out and out goal scoring strikers in their side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
crusty ole pie
July 22, 2014, 10:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,350
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from brad_gtfc
So we lose 4-0 to a team 2 leagues above us in a friendly and the worlds going to end, some of you lot need to get a grip.

I am sick of hearing its a friendly it does not count. Could you imagine ab sending a team out with that thought in their minds a game is a game and should be treated as such by the players and the MANAGER  if I had seen a spine within the team a passion to achieve a system of play regardless of the result I would have left happy but all I saw was was the same aimless hoof forward that we have tried to do for the last three years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
brad_gtfc
July 22, 2014, 11:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I am sick of hearing its a friendly it does not count. Could you imagine ab sending a team out with that thought in their minds a game is a game and should be treated as such by the players and the MANAGER  if I had seen a spine within the team a passion to achieve a system of play regardless of the result I would have left happy but all I saw was was the same aimless hoof forward that we have tried to do for the last three years

What so a Buckley team never played in a friendly going through the motions? Come on, lets be realistic. Results don't matter in friendlys, they dont get you points, they dont get you promoted. They get people fit and players getting to know one another. Half of that team tonight don't even know each other properly yet so how can you expect to see slick passing football with a good understanding is beyond me. We are also playing a team 2 leagues above us so we are not going to pass them off the park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
July 22, 2014, 11:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

4-0 wasn't it? People just seeing more of the same, we have a decent squad apart from a pair of strikers who are clearly not good enough. Lennie couldn't trap a bag of cement and I believe that Hannah lives in Offside Close (not very), Offsidetown, Offside.

Why oh why are we expected to accept another year of inept management in this shite league?

I nearly bit and answered this seriously. But have decided to answer it like other rational humans have....... You are a comical genius.
Reply: 25 - 64
MuddyWaters
July 23, 2014, 4:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

Utterly hysterical!

You really believe we improved as the season went on? Southport home and away? Hyde? Braintree? Woking?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
itsnotcoditshaddock
July 23, 2014, 4:19pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Fully expect us to start 442 against Bristol Rovers. I'm pretty sure Paul knows his 11, doubt it'll be any different to this(after suspensions etc)...

Macca

Bignot
Toto
Pearson
Thomas

Mackreth
Brown
Disley
Neilson

Hannah
Shop

Simples. Although obviously it'll be Doig and Magnay and Arnold in for the 3 bad boys first game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
DocTower
July 23, 2014, 4:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Probably agree with your team selection with what we have now . Top 6 at least , will get a better idea after 10 games played .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
mariner91
July 23, 2014, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Fully expect us to start 442 against Bristol Rovers. I'm pretty sure Paul knows his 11, doubt it'll be any different to this(after suspensions etc)...

Macca

Bignot
Toto
Pearson
Thomas

Mackreth
Brown
Disley
Neilson

Hannah
Shop

Simples. Although obviously it'll be Doig and Magnay and Arnold in for the 3 bad boys first game.

I really hope we have at least one striker different in that starting line up. Wouldn't mind us signing Pittman to give us something different. But ideally we need at least 2 in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One question

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.