July 23, 2014, 5:30pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from Maringer
Two defensive member-ups, two goals.

A bit difficult to know how to react, really. On the one hand, it's always nice to see Dirty Leeds lose, but on the other hand, I'm not happy about Hearn's dishonesty with his public comments when still at the club and apparent attempts to engineer a move away at the start of last season.

I'd imagine he'll do OK at Mansfield until he gets injured again. Just hope he doesn't score against us on Friday night!

I tend to agree with this opinion on Hearn. Fenty must be miffed - the club/Fenty paid for both his operations. "I need to be closer to home" Nottingham is what 2hrs tops away from GY by car? It's not even far.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 56
petethemariner
July 23, 2014, 6:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I hope he isn't booed on Friday, but equally i do not see any reason he should receive
messiah adulation, after all we paid his wages for nearly two years when he was injured and it looks (although obviously no-one can be sure) that he was planning on the Mansfield move
for some time, despite his comments about maybe returning to us.
Great player for  us for a year, but he isn't our player anymore, so polite indifference from me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
grimsby pete
July 23, 2014, 7:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,850
Gold Stars: 223
Halfway through his 3 year contract he moves away from Grimsby,

All he wanted to do was play his football around the Nottingham area,

Fair enough if that what he wanted to do,

BUT

He should have come clean and ask for a transfer,

Then we might have got some money for him,

AND

He might have not got injured for the second time,

Yes he did well for the best part of his first season ( don't forget 0 goals in his first 10 games )

That cost us 3years salary,

I will not be at the game on Friday but if I was, I would not boo him,

I would not cheer him either,

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
mariner tommy
July 23, 2014, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,873
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
Halfway through his 3 year contract he moves away from Grimsby,

All he wanted to do was play his football around the Nottingham area,

Fair enough if that what he wanted to do,

BUT

He should have come clean and ask for a transfer,

Then we might have got some money for him,

AND

He might have not got injured for the second time,

Yes he did well for the best part of his first season ( don't forget 0 goals in his first 10 games )

That cost us 3years salary,

I will not be at the game on Friday but if I was, I would not boo him,

I would not cheer him either,

I'll be there Friday, and although it will play on my mind what he did to us, I will say nothing and let it go.

I just hope we beat them and Hearn doesn't score.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
diehardmariner
July 23, 2014, 8:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,838
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

He is a tw@t, never wanted to play here, never wanted to come back for pre-season training, so why say it ?

i appreciate what he did in his first season, and what a player he was.

but like Hatton, and Rodman, i wont forgive them what they did/say

So you expected him to turn down a league contract for a trial at a non-league club?
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
Nelly GTFC
July 23, 2014, 8:48pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 31
How much did Peterborough offer us?

What happens if we get an offer of say £100,000 for someone else?  Lesson learned... sell?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 23, 2014, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,112
Gold Stars: 200
I remember when Buckley stole all those players from us all those years ago. Iirc his first game back was one of those great atmospheres that only blundell park can bring. The look if sheer disappointment on his face at full time (and the abuse that 'fans favourites' Gilbert, Rees et al received) brought to bare that all we are concerned about is our mighty mariners. Players come and go, but the club will always be etched on our hearts

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
nightrider
July 23, 2014, 9:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
He then had the cheek to say he wishes he never left grimsby and if he had the chance to change what happened he would.
I highly doubt it. I'm sure the money west brom paid him off with on its own would be enough to buy a substantial house.

As for liam hearn I can't see the problem. He wanted to leave well before the end of his first season, we just wouldn't let him. I would have been drunk off if we'd have sold him for 100k

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
Nelly GTFC
July 23, 2014, 10:27pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from nightrider
As for liam hearn I can't see the problem. He wanted to leave well before the end of his first season, we just wouldn't let him. I would have been drunk off if we'd have sold him for 100k
Not sure how much Peterborough offered, but makes me think back to when Bristol City offered 300k for Michael Reddy, boom hip injury, 300k value lost.

Probally 400k+ lost through fate, and no better off in the short, or long term.

Fenty might think twice about holding on to players who could probally fetch a price in the future...?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
diehardmariner
July 24, 2014, 7:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,838
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Chrisblor

Nobody begrudges him moving to a league club, but he should have been honest about his intentions  from the start instead of misleading our fans who were nothing but supportive of him. His underhand tactics to engineer a move to Mansfield while airing public platitudes about wanting to earn a new contract at town to repay our support were unforgivable. If I was able to go to the game on Friday I wouldn't be booing him, but I certainly wouldn't be clapping or cheering for him either.

Underhand tactics?  intercourse me. He hardly brought down the Government.

He made sure he kept all possible options open to him for the future.  Would you have honestly done anything different in your job?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Liam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.