9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
July 28, 2014, 2:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from oldun
A friend of mine watched Wrexham play at Hednesford on Sat and says Wrexham looked like a good team and that Jennings was excellent. The one that got away eh? I think Paul Hurst was pinning his striker hopes on signing him and was clearly disappointed when he didn't. Oh well water under the bridge as they say.

I think he thought that out of Jennings, Bogle and Williamson he'd end up with one. Beyond those 3, nothing else on the horizon it would seem....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 2:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ackomariner

Don't panic, we've got LJL

clay feeding LJL all the way to promotion.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
Garth
July 28, 2014, 2:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Like the idea of Pittman signing, I was a critic of Clay but now he is on board lets support him all the way, I said Big Jones was like Bambi on ice when he arrived, he turned out to be our star defender before his transfer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
Can't help but think this is the result of Hurst not securing his targets and panicking. Not only are the hairs on my neck not standing up, I'd go so far as to say this is prehaps the most disappointing summer of signings yet. The best is by far Mackreth but other than that it's a huge anti climax.

Anybody think we've got a team that's going to win a title?

Lew I would have said we were on the way to putting the excrement behind us and I was thinking im gonna give paul this season as the majority were saying some on here are too negative and doom merchants..

after signing clay I feel the old hurst is back in town that's if he even left in the first place.

I get optimistic when we bring in mackreth and toto, then that all drains when we cant sign a striker who has a proven record bring one in on trial with a record which states he cant score at a lower level than were we are and we sign the worst midfielder I have seen play at BP and believe me I have seen some bad un`s eg terry barwick Jamie Clarke etc..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
pontoonlew
July 28, 2014, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,036
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from oldun
A friend of mine watched Wrexham play at Hednesford on Sat and says Wrexham looked like a good team and that Jennings was excellent. The one that got away eh? I think Paul Hurst was pinning his striker hopes on signing him and was clearly disappointed when he didn't. Oh well water under the bridge as they say.

Not possible, the people on the Fishy assured me Jennings isn't that good...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 2:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
I have not seen them play ,

BUT

If they put on a town shirt and do their best, I will back them,

All the negatives on here, what would YOU feel like if You started a new job,

AND

YOU read on the internet that YOU were rubbish at YOUR job.

Footballers have feelings and to get the best out of them they need confidence,

Please do not knock it out of them before they kick a ball.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

AND

I would say I know im excrement and thanks for the 700 quid a week.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 82
Chrisblor
July 28, 2014, 3:00pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,843
Gold Stars: 235
Luton won the league last season because they pushed the boat out and bolstered their midfield with high quality players like Pelly Ruddock. Craig Clay has been absolutely hopeless in every pre-season friendly - half of which were against lower ranked opposition. How on Earth does Hurst think a player of his quality is going to contribute to a team gunning for promotion? Desperate stuff from Hurst who yet again has been shown up in the transfer / free-agent market.

And before anyone gets on my back, i'll be backing Clay when he plays for us and certainly won't be booing him because I want Grimsby Town to be successful.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
pontoonlew
July 28, 2014, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Lew I would have said we were on the way to putting the excrement behind us and I was thinking im gonna give paul this season as the majority were saying some on here are too negative and doom merchants..

after signing clay I feel the old hurst is back in town that's if he even left in the first place.

I get optimistic when we bring in mackreth and toto, then that all drains when we cant sign a striker who has a proven record bring one in on trial with a record which states he cant score at a lower level than were we are and we sign the worst midfielder I have seen play at BP and believe me I have seen some bad un`s eg terry barwick Jamie Clarke etc..

My gripe is that people just totally forget the way we played last season and act like it didn't happen.

Let's not forget this either, when Hurst had his transfer window on his own in January, he signed shite and never addressed key issues. This window we've not signed a goalscorer yet again. He's too happy to try and see his best mate suddenly turn into a goalscorer. The only thing I can say is that he's got us pace on the wings but when you've very little firepower how far is that realistically going to get you? Scraping into play-offs then realising you're not actually good enough to beat the best teams (again)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
pontoonlew
July 28, 2014, 3:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

AND

A team full of 'triers' never won anybody a league Pete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clay and Pittman Sign

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.