Quagmire
August 19, 2014, 7:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from gtfc98

Do they? Can't say I want to see the back of him after 3 games! I'm sure I'm not the only one!

UTM

I assume Denni266 is referencing the poll on the homepage which has 75% of the 677 'votes' in favour of sacking Hurst, it's not some number that he's just decided to pluck out of the air.

With regard to BigChris's comment "The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager"  

The point I was attempting to get across was if the Trust are there to represent the views of Trust members then how can they represent those views if they don't ask for them?  

If there comes a day when the board have to vote re retaining PH or going another route, how can the 2 Trust reps represent the views of Trust members if they don't have that information to hand?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
mariner tommy
August 19, 2014, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from denni266
80% on here want  to see the back of Hurst, not because they dont like him personaly, but because they dont believe he is the man to do the job. of course some will say that that is only the view of fishy voters, but i believe that that would be the view of many fans. There is fast coming a time when someone will ask for a vote on this matter, or other matters and it is the job of the elected reps on the board to carry out that wish weather they agree or not . i hope it does not come to that and things turn around on the pitch or he resigns.

It's not 80% on here at all, for a start the poll is 75%, and, that is three quarters of the people that have voted.
What you should've said was that 75% of the people that have voted want him dismissed.
That could be a very small proportion of the people actually on the fishy.
You really are miles off.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
moosey_club
August 19, 2014, 9:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,245
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from BIGChris
I see John has already answered the one board member one vote question although i would suspect anything  rarely comes down to a vote?

The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager

Out of interest how often do the trust hold members meetings so the feelings of the wider membership, not just the trust board, can be aired and considered?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
NorthseaMariner
August 19, 2014, 9:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
This is ridiculous, things have not gone well so far this season, but we are only three games in to it.
I for one think the squad looks stronger than last season.
Get a grip some of you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
moosey_club
August 19, 2014, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,245
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
This is ridiculous, things have not gone well so far this season, but we are only three games in to it.
I for one think the squad looks stronger than last season.
Get a grip some of you.

Seriously....how can the squad look stronger when after 2 weeks we are looking for a third loanee?
If the squad was stronger we wouldnt need loanees at all would we?

The Aswadgate affair being the latest example, despite having a senior player on the books who can easily cover left back and a senior back up at right back and another young pro who can cover right back as well as a young pro who could also cover left back he is foraying into the loan market instead.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
NorthseaMariner
August 19, 2014, 9:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Ok, squad may not be stronger in depth, but, to me the team looks better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
gtfc98
August 19, 2014, 9:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Quagmire

I assume Denni266 is referencing the poll on the homepage which has 75% of the 677 'votes' in favour of sacking Hurst, it's not some number that he's just decided to pluck out of the air.

With regard to BigChris's comment "The Trust board discuss various matters on a regular basis so that the representatives are armed with the general view but i cannot see a way the Trust would be canvassing its members to decide to sack the manager"  

The point I was attempting to get across was if the Trust are there to represent the views of Trust members then how can they represent those views if they don't ask for them?  

If there comes a day when the board have to vote re retaining PH or going another route, how can the 2 Trust reps represent the views of Trust members if they don't have that information to hand?

You've also got to take into account that 40% of those who voted are morons.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
StiggsGTFC
August 19, 2014, 10:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from gtfc98

You've also got to take into account that 40% of those who voted are morons.

And that includes all the 25% who voted for Hurst to stay.  

Personally I'd give till his full squad is available. Still believe he runs a far too defensive set up at home.
Too deep, no width upfront, no taking on full backs, no pulled back balls for theforwards, not enough shots on goal.....and so on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
ginnywings
August 19, 2014, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Despite me thinking PH should have gone at some point last season, i accepted the fact that he had been given the green light to carry on and i think having made that decision, he has to be given at least 12 games to get some momentum going.

I'm not a fan but he may get us firing yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Maringer
August 19, 2014, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
The addition of pacy players to the squad should allow us a more attacking bent at home. Unfortunately, they were all injured (or not nearly fit enough to start) for the first two home games of the season.

Let's see what happens when they return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO The Trust / BigChris

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.