This thread currently has 8,998 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Dan
August 18, 2014, 11:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Maybe someone should give Jamie Green a call.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 96
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 18, 2014, 1:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jimgtfc
PH is basically admitting that he got it wrong in pre season in terms of player recruitment. He said we have adequate numbers across the back 4, then 48 hours before the first game brings in a centre half, and now admits that actually we need a back up left back.

I seem to remember that he did actually talk about the left back position and the names Winfarrah and Magnay were both mentioned by PH as suitable cover. So why is this not reasonable now? As for left footed players being best in that position, I watched Graham Taylor and Brian Keeble play LB for Town for years and both were right footed.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 96
jimgtfc
August 18, 2014, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45

I seem to remember that he did actually talk about the left back position and the names Winfarrah and Magnay were both mentioned by PH as suitable cover. So why is this not reasonable now? As for left footed players being best in that position, I watched Graham Taylor and Brian Keeble play LB for Town for years and both were right footed.

Exactly. I do feel for him with all the untimely injuries, but he's not doing himself any favours with some recent decisions imo. Definitely a case of more questions that answers atm.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 96
BottesfordMariner
August 18, 2014, 1:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Thomas may be out a while but i cant help but feel we have enough options to cover before we need to go out and get another loanee.

Magnay, Bignot, Boyce, Winfarrah even McLaughlin could fill in for Thomas.

We need another STRIKER ... FFS. Attacking is the problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 96
mariner2000
August 18, 2014, 2:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Doesn't this back up the fact Bignot is on his way out....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 24 - 96
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 18, 2014, 2:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from mariner2000
Doesn't this back up the fact Bignot is on his way out....

Couldn't agree more

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 96
Maringer
August 18, 2014, 2:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

We need another STRIKER ... FFS. Attacking is the problem.

I think we have to assume that Hurst can look for both strikers and defenders at the same time. It's not an either/or situation and I'd tend to doubt Hurst will be so obsessed with trying to get cover in at left-back that he will completely forget about the need to strengthen our attacking options!

However, I don't disagree that we ought to have enough defensive options available in the squad to cover and it does make you wonder if the rumours about Bignot wanting to depart are true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 96
Abdul19
August 18, 2014, 2:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,562
Gold Stars: 216

Gary Croft was right footed too I think?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 96
oldun
August 18, 2014, 2:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I think Gateshead is the wrong game to start Caine. Dover, was the right game!!!!!!!

Agree 100%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 96
Quagmire
August 18, 2014, 3:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Abdul19

Gary Croft was right footed too I think?

Kev Jobling as well?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad replacement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.