Garth
August 18, 2014, 5:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from GrimRob

We weren't massive favourites at all. I think we were around 1/2 which means we're only expected to win about two thirds of the time. It's like rolling a dice and needing to get 3,4,5 or 6. You're more likely to than not but it's worse odds than Russian Roulette!

Problem with us is we are using the wrong dice, ours has draw on all six faces
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
DocTower
August 18, 2014, 5:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
I'm fed up of the negativity of our current manager, his negative football, his one dimensional tactics and his ability to put square pegs in round holes.

I'm neither pro or anti Alan Buckley, but would he have bigged up Caine Winfarrah after Tuesday and then played a central midfielder in his place on Saturday? And then go one further and say in Monday's paper, 'I want another player to replace Aswad' undermining the lad's position further??[/quote]

Everything you have written is 100% the way I'm feeling  . Didn't we expect him to look for another defender though ? Think the next couple of games will be make or break for a number of fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 18, 2014, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Garth

Problem with us is we are using the wrong dice, ours has draw on all six faces

The mind does boggle!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
Maringer
August 18, 2014, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,521
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from DocTower
Think the next couple of games will be make or break for a number of fans.

Only if they are particularly daft.

We could easily lose the next 2 games but then win 10 in a row. Well, not easily, but you know what I mean.

An unimpressive Mansfield team went on a lengthy winning run the other year which earned them promotion. They were tonked 4-1 by two teams in their first 6 games (once by us), so who would have thought that they might be the ones to go straight up?

How many times does it have to be pointed out that we're only 3 games into the season!?! You'd think we were rooted to the bottom of the table and with no possible hope for the future the way some are going on.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
August 18, 2014, 5:50pm
Guest User
Caine must be starting to think his future lies elsewhere already, I thought Cain was cover for Aswad?  he was one of the best players on the pitch Tuesday night when he came on and certainty didn't let his manager down, I felt Hurst should of give him more praise for that performance as well then he give him) so to then get dropped for a player playing out of position, and now to find his manager is looking for a replacement must be a right slap in the face.
It seems to me Hurst is a bit of a fanny when it comes to the big decisions he's got previous now as well when taking the easy option and dropping the young lads that should be given a decent run in the side,  I've got no faith in the man bringing these lads on to the next level and fully expect to see Caine on loan at Gainsborough or Boston before the season is out.
Reply: 24 - 49
August 18, 2014, 5:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578
Caine must be starting to think his future lies elsewhere already, I thought Cain was cover for Aswad?  he was one of the best players on the pitch Tuesday night when he came on and certainty didn't let his manager down, I felt Hurst should of give him more praise for that performance as well then he give him) so to then get dropped for a player playing out of position, and now to find his manager is looking for a replacement must be a right slap in the face.
It seems to me Hurst is a bit of a fanny when it comes to the big decisions he's got previous now as well when taking the easy option and dropping the young lads that should be given a decent run in the side,  I've got no faith in the man bringing these lads on to the next level and fully expect to see Caine on loan at Gainsborough or Boston before the season is out.

Sorry only just seen the thread on Aswad replacement.
Reply: 25 - 49
ackomariner
August 18, 2014, 6:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3

How many times does it have to be pointed out that we're only 3 games into the season!?! You'd think we were rooted to the bottom of the table and with no possible hope for the future the way some are going on.[/quote]

And how many times does it take till you get it ?

It's not just three games this season, it's been since Christmas 2012 for me on how ph and rs and now ph on his own have done. He's well out of his depth and should have gone after the last game against gateshead

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
DocTower
August 18, 2014, 6:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Maringer

Only if they are particularly daft.

We could easily lose the next 2 games but then win 10 in a row. Well, not easily, but you know what I mean.

An unimpressive Mansfield team went on a lengthy winning run the other year which earned them promotion. They were tonked 4-1 by two teams in their first 6 games (once by us), so who would have thought that they might be the ones to go straight up?

How many times does it have to be pointed out that we're only 3 games into the season!?! You'd think we were rooted to the bottom of the table and with no possible hope for the future the way some are going on.

I respect your view and admire your enthusiasm so far . I really want to be told that I was wrong , but I've seen nothing different from last season . Bumbling along chopping changing , your right we could go and win but I just don't see it .
Everyone has a view on whats gone and going wrong , the frustration seems never ending and this forum allows us fans to express our views .
Unfortunately 3 of our little band have given up coming due the style of play and lack of atmosphere and also not value for money .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
Maringer
August 18, 2014, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,521
Gold Stars: 185
It seems to me that it would be sensible to wait and see how we do with an (almost) full squad in the coming matches. Aswad is a loss but if everyone can get back to full fitness and we get another player or two in at the club, there will be plenty more options to choose from.

I don't mind if people want to stop supporting the team whilst Hurst is in charge as it's their money and they can spend it however they please. However, I do hope those same posters won't be interjecting in numerous threads when results don't go our way and then keeping quiet when we win.

That's the way that things tend to go on messageboards with a victory seeing a fraction of the number of posts that a defeat or disappointing draw does. The olden days were much better - you'd have a moan for a few minutes with your mates over a couple of pints when results went badly, then continue to talk about something more interesting instead!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Wrawby_Mariner
August 18, 2014, 7:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ackomariner

And how many times does it take till you get it ?

It's not just three games this season, it's been since Christmas 2012 for me on how ph and rs and now ph on his own have done. He's well out of his depth and should have gone after the last game against gateshead

[/quote]

The problem is, if PH had gone a lot of the players would have followed and we would have had to rebuild from scratch again. That may not have been a bad thing but we have lacked continuity in the past and I suspect thats what was on the mind of the club board post season.

My backside hurts being sat on that fence.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A couple of inches

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.