Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Toto is on 5 yellows, so a ban is imminent

No he is not on 5, just 4.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
mariner91
September 21, 2014, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
4 bookings already seems excessive even for a centre back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
Richard Cranium
September 21, 2014, 11:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Quoted from Hagrid
Grimsby were a very decent side, they controlled the game for long periods and in their number 22 - they had the best player on the park.      Comment from kiddys forum
I agree with the comment. Toto was our best player and Gowling for them

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
Maringer
September 21, 2014, 11:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
Hmmm. Soccerbase seems to think that Toto has received 5 bookings already, but Hurst indicated it was just 4 in his post-match interview yesterday. Wonder who is correct?

Looking through the listings on Soccerbase, 4 of the bookings listed there were actually received when he was playing out of position at full-back so that is not necessarily an indication that he will be penalised as often when playing in his proper position of centre-half. Especially as his booking yesterday was apparently incorrect (according to Hurst)!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
DocTower
September 21, 2014, 11:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from mariner91
4 bookings already seems excessive even for a centre back.

He needs a calm experienced mature player with him to bring the best ouf of him , eg Futcher and Lever ,  Pond and Pearson  Boyce  and Pearson . Not saying that Pearson is bad and the pairing is wrong , however Pearson needs to watch what he does in and around the box .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
brad_gtfc
September 21, 2014, 11:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He's only ever managed solo at Grimsby Town and we are the only club he's managed solo or otherwise at this level. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to prove me wrong but I simply don't believe he has the nous or the charisma (to attract a decent striker) to get us out this league.

More than that, I am extremely concerned about how long GTFC remains financially sustainable (at Blundell Park) as long as we stay in the Conference.

Not aiming this at you personally.
But I always see people saying he's being here for 3/4 years and not done anything, but in reality, he's only being here on his own for a year or so, and he got us to the play off Semi-Final, this is why he deserves more of a chance. People suggesting he needs to go are out of their minds.
Fantastic result yesterday to get the win with a little bit of quality from a new signing.
Roll on next week, lets get some positive atmosphere around the place again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
mariner tommy
September 21, 2014, 11:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from GyMariner
When do the MP highlights go up

Normally the day after the game.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
mariner tommy
September 21, 2014, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No he is not on 5, just 4.

He is on five, he got yellows against-
Gateshead, Alfreton, Aldershot, Halifax and Kiddy.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 67
Jarmo.Is.God
September 21, 2014, 11:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from barralad
10:30 p.m. and no "Just Back" thread??

For the record:-IMO  Not as good a game as Tuesday but I would venture a much, much better result. Having read some comments about Town hoofing the ball up to poor Ross Hannah I can only wonder what game was being watched. I thought Town played some decent approach football only to be let down by some very poor final balls-with Magnay being the worst culprit having got himself and Town into some great positions with positive runs down the left in the second half. MacReth was nowhere near as dangerous as he looked last time out. Hannah ran his socks off-again but he simply hasn't got the upper body strength to hold the ball up as a lone striker. Like others I was very surprised that Oates didn't start but judging by his inability to run AT ALL in the last five minutes it seemed to be a very shrewd move by Hurst. It was a brilliant finish for the goal.
Defensively the outfield four played very well including the new lad who to be honest didn't look as though he hadn't played competitively for so long. My real worry defensively is dare I say it-McKeown who has looked increasingly vulnerable to the high ball. There were also several moments of indecision particularly in the first half which could have cost us. He remains a superb shot stopper but appears to be in need of some coaching on dealing with crosses and commanding his area....
I feel a bit for Paddy but think that today Hurst was right to use Disley for the better defensive qualities he has. This was underlined when Paddy gave away a free kick in a dangerous position by dabbing a foot in with all the conviction of Danny La Rue on tranquilisers when he finally came on.
Neilson was frustrating to say the least. Saw a lot of the ball for much of the game but too often ran down blind alleys. Kiddy had done their homework though as for much of the game he had two on him.
Our dead ball delivery is becoming the world's unfunniest joke. I lost count of the free kicks and corners that didn't beat the first man. From the first corner we actually put into the danger area Toto hit the top of the bar. It is such a waste....
MOM-anyone from the back four plus Clay (who didn't put a foot wrong).

This is why I don't like people slating Hurst and the players by listening to the radio !

Good review and delighted for Clay ! What a gem Hurst has got there !! Proved with this signing why he is a good YOUNG manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
TAGG
September 21, 2014, 12:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,968
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

This has reached new levels this week. Some posters even said they would rather have lost, or at least had mixed feelings about the win, because it means Hurst won't get sacked! Simply staggering. Particularly when you consider that there has been no indication that the board are even close to pulling the trigger. We have clearly dropped more points than we would have wished but we're by no means out of the promotion shake up and given Hurst's superb track record over several years (at several clubs) of getting his teams in to the top 5 I wouldn't back against him doing it again.

Can't read all posts but only seen one wanting Town to lose.
You may be happy with a top 5 finish but I and a lot of others aren't. We need a Manager in who looks to win the league outright not like Husts who is satisfied with the lottery of the playoffs and thinks that success.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.