Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Alger predicts!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

Alan Alger predicts!

This thread currently has 8,978 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
August 4, 2015, 3:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from 75
I do think the league is weaker than it has ever been (or at least since we've been here). This is our chance to win it and escape and I'm backing us to do it. I think it will be relatively straighforward too, we are the best team, we have the best players, money in the bank if we need to go out and bolster an already settled squad who will run through walls for each other. The fans are a different class, it's ours to lose IMO.

Hang on, are we sounding a bit like Massive Luton were for 5 seasons?!  Let's not let it backfire, confidence is great, but we're bordering on arrogance sometimes.

Mind you, I also think we'll win it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
GrimRob
August 4, 2015, 3:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,429
Gold Stars: 113
How dare he not predict us to win all 46 games this season?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 38
Grimal
August 4, 2015, 3:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Alger was wrong with his predictions previously and he will be wrong again this season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
bax
August 4, 2015, 4:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
I've done my own prediction, can be read here:

https://toogoodtogodown.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/who-will-win-the-conference-in-the-201516-season/

To be fair to Alan Play Off losers average a finish of 9th. That's a fact. I believe we will buck the trend but I can see why he, as an outsider, thinks we might not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
pontoonlew
August 4, 2015, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,045
Gold Stars: 178
I mean, he's not wrong in what he's said about us for the most part. Our home form against mid table sides was pretty shocking and we'd be foolish not to forget that. But to then put Eastleigh and FGR Rovers above us despite them doing what they do every year, which is sign a excrement load of attackers and hope for the best, is laughable.

But predictions have no impact on the final out come, that's down to us to dictate so this doesn't bother me one bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
LondonMariner43
August 4, 2015, 5:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,957
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from bax

https://toogoodtogodown.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/who-will-win-the-conference-in-the-201516-season/

To be fair to Alan Play Off losers average a finish of 9th. That's a fact. I believe we will buck the trend but I can see why he, as an outsider, thinks we might not.

For me, seeing Woking at 5th in this prediction sums it up.  In the game at Woking towards the end of last season, although it was only 2-1 in the end, I thought Town were a different class and we have improved the quality of the squad further since then.  If that game was replayed, we would win 99 times in 100.  

Our biggest challenge this year will either be the players feeling the weight of expectation from the fans (we have a firm trend in the past of bottling games with high expectation) or at the other end of the spectrum, complacency.  However I think PH will ensure there is no complacency and he seems to be really learning how to get the team to perform in all scenarios.  

We were the form team in the final third of last season, we are the form team going into the season.

Its ours to lose (and I am sure there are 23 other teams waiting to see egg on our face)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
HighamMariner
August 4, 2015, 5:31pm
More to life than sucking fentys meglomaniac behind
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -64
Alan donated a prize to the campaign so respect for that.  I rarely agree with what he writes but life would be oh so boring if we all shared the same opinion.

For me, a great pre-season but the truth is we won jack, season starts on Saturday and we must be on it straight away.  First is the only position to finish, playoffs are a lottery.

Be back when fenty felicitations off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
diehardmariner
August 4, 2015, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 539
The idea of his blog is that it attracts interest to the business site of his employer, Betway...

Yep, I think he'll be happy with the response.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
pontoonlew
August 4, 2015, 5:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,045
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from bax

Obviously footballs all about opinions but I can't see Woking replicating last season. They've lost some bloody good players this summer.

Kiddy for relegation?! The rest I pretty much agree with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
buckstown
August 4, 2015, 6:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
As previously pointed out he's correct about the losing play off teams and also our appalling  home form. However, I read somewhere else that we (only) need to win 3 extra games to get enough points on top of last season so I think that can be done.
I do hope he's wrong!! Every year I start the season on a massive wave of optimism and have been badly let down in recent years. This years it seems more like a tsunami than a wave!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Alger predicts!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.