Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Alger predicts!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 98 Guests

Alan Alger predicts!

This thread currently has 8,979 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
August 4, 2015, 8:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Admired him for donating to Operation Promotion but quit following him on twitter as he seemed to just be trolling.

If you want proof he likes winding up town fans a little look at the size of our write up, longest by a large margin.

As others have said though he has some justification for putting us there with playoff losers not excelling, we will just prove him wrong. I just wish fans would not rise to his bait, ignore him and just back the team as loudly as ever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
Caveman
August 4, 2015, 8:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Most of it is true.

Let's hope his predictions are hopelessly wrong.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Jaws
August 4, 2015, 8:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted Text
It’s an important stat that points to the psychology of a team that have played 49 games to just miss out, more so when their defeat came via a penalty shoot-out.

I'd say the psychology has never been better.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
Garth
August 4, 2015, 8:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I think he is right and all the bookies are wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
toontown
August 4, 2015, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,281
Gold Stars: 70
To be fair I think his argument has logic, with the historical poor performance of play-off final losers the following season. Also he refers to our past overly cautious approach at home against mediocre opposition, which I think has some weight.
However, I think he is wrong, we have held on to almost all our players (how many losing finalists do that), strengthened, at last seem to have strikers on form, have money in the pot for later in the season and hopefully a slightly more attacking approach that I think will be needed to claim the champions spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
EY Mariner
August 4, 2015, 9:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
I was more worried when I read a Cheltenham fan on another forum say we're "red hot favourites" than by Mr Alger's comments. Given who he works for, he's clearly trying to provoke a few more customers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
PPMariner
August 4, 2015, 11:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
His article is published on the Betway blog so it's safe to assume Mr Alger is, in some way, on their payroll.

Now whilst some of what he says is true, and considering he clearly has form for anti-Town vibes, he could also be slightly (& quietly) influenced to encourage some punters' money to places other than the Mariners.

Our odds have fallen with Betway - as with every bookie - which would suggest their liability on us has grown significantly and as such, they'll not be unhappy to take plenty of bets on some of our rivals. What better way than have a renowned non-league figure make noises in favour of several teams other than ourselves...

Any which way; whatever he predicts, we sleep easy. #thistownknows

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
gaz57
August 5, 2015, 12:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
[quote=75]I This is our chance to win it and escape and I'm backing us to do it.

Agree I can hear Steve McQueen revving his bike already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Balthazar Bullitt
August 5, 2015, 1:10am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from gaz57
Agree I can hear Steve McQueen revving his bike already.

I bloody hope not - he didn't get over the wire did he?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
wycombemariner
August 5, 2015, 12:51pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Hes a flipping wind up merchant, surely...

"The play-off winners under Darrell Clarke were arguably the best team in the division based on their displays after New Year"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Alger predicts!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.